Home

NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

The 2014-2015 NHL season is now a week old.

The NHL's only console videogame, Electronic Arts' NHL 15, currently features rosters that are six weeks old.

September 3 is the last time that NHL 15's rosters were updated, leaving many NHL teams with missing players, incorrect lines, wrong jersey numbers, unaccounted for injuries, and in the case of the St. Louis Blues, outdated uniforms.

Simply pick an NHL team, and you're bound to discover several significant inaccuracies in their NHL 15 lineup; for example:

Only centers John Tavares and Brock Nelson have put up more points for the 3-0 New York Islanders than defenseman Johnny Boychuk. But if you want to launch bombs from the point with Boychuk in NHL 15, you'll have to use his old team, the Boston Bruins, because their October 4 trade with the Islanders still isn't reflected.

The Nashville Predators' points leader, Filip Forsberg, remains stuck on the Predators' minor league affiliate (the Milwaukee Admirals), preventing him from being used in Online Versus Play.

Significant injuries to first-line players like Evander Kane, Pavel Datsyuk, and Mike Fisher don't show up in Online Versus Play, either.

On the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, NHL 15 has already received several gameplay tuners and two title updates, including one that even patched in an offline Playoff mode.

The popular Ultimate Team mode also continues to release special "Player of the Game" and "Team of the Week" cards on a regular basis, and offer one or two "Mega Pack" promotions per week.

Yet a basic roster update, which would entail trading a few players, signing some free agents, calling up the correct prospects, accounting for recent injuries, and setting the right lines, is still missing from NHL 15.

The official explanation from NHL 15 producer, Sean Ramjagsingh, is that a roster update "is being worked on," and that developers "had to wait for all the rookies to play a shift before we could put them in."

Even with those rookies' legal issues in mind, couldn't the hundreds of returning NHL veterans have been fixed for the league's opening week?

As of today, every NHL franchise has played between two to five games, leaving gamers wondering what the holdup is at this point.

Update: EA has officially responded with a tweet mentioning a roster update is coming soon.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rumor has it that the roster update is going live tonight (after midnight Pacific) and it's game wide, not just NHL. We'll have updates on all the leagues, including the European ones. Yes, it kind of sucks that they had to wait a week, but Rammer's statement is correct, they have to wait for rookies to officially skate in a game in order to include them. If they split it up, then we've be complaining about why we have only half an update.

What we really should be focusing on is why they haven't made any mention of Dynamic Player Updates? That was a good feature last year, I wonder if that is still coming this year?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

I'm know they don't have a full arsenal of people working on this game, but considering how they've entered next-gen, this is unacceptable to not even have a roster update at this point. They need to get it together over there.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
Rumor has it that the roster update is going live tonight (after midnight Pacific) and it's game wide, not just NHL. We'll have updates on all the leagues, including the European ones. Yes, it kind of sucks that they had to wait a week, but Rammer's statement is correct, they have to wait for rookies to officially skate in a game in order to include them. If they split it up, then we've be complaining about why we have only half an update.

What we really should be focusing on is why they haven't made any mention of Dynamic Player Updates? That was a good feature last year, I wonder if that is still coming this year?
Just curious where you heard the rumor?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
I understand the road block of needing rookies to have played a game,
but I wish the community managed the rosters and rating, it would allow for almost instantaneously up to date roster since the fan base would be pretty hard core about managing it, even the OHL & European rosters.
Give the feature a sort of wiki democratic format that would let upstanding members of the NHL gaming community manage.

They are currently paying a developer several hours a week to do a task that the gaming community would voluntarily do for free if they gave us the proper tools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
I understand the road block of needing rookies to have played a game,
but I wish the community managed the rosters and rating, it would allow for almost instantaneously up to date roster since the fan base would be pretty hard core about managing it, even the OHL & European rosters.
Give the feature a sort of wiki democratic format that would let upstanding members of the NHL gaming community manage.

They are currently paying a developer several hours a week to do a task that the gaming community would voluntarily do for free if they gave us the proper tools.
Not to mention actually do better.
The Revamped Rosters were years ahead of anything EA ever put out. They miss most things, and most of the lines are still based on overall ratings instead of who skates with who on a given day.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wish they had LTIR though... still have to create ways to deal with Pronger.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Isn't it pretty normal for EA to not have a roster update at this point previously in the series? I mean, typically one week into the season we didnt normally have a roster update by now that included the rooks. We at least may have had some other trades reflected, but... I dunno, the rookie players deal has always seemed to delay a season opening roster from what I recall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »