Home

Interactive Association

This is a discussion on Interactive Association within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
Banned

Cf3411's Arena

OVR: 0
Interactive Association

Hey guys this is going to be a 30 team interactive association. Two other people have tried this and it didn't pan out. I want to re-invent it. This league will have me as the commissioner, and I will run the league site as the media member.

Roles you can be:
-GM- (5 Spots available)

-Co-commish-(Filled)

-Trade Veto Board-(3-5 guys including me, probably won't need vetoes seeing as how nba trades never get vetoed but just incase we see a horrid trade.)

-Agent/Media-(I'll be one, if you're an Agent/Media guy you can't be a GM. Heres why, you break news, leak rumors so we need someone who just wants to fish around for rumors, true or false? Who knows. Media will post on the website, and on OS. If you're a Media person being an agent would be another thing you could do. Negotiate as every players agent for FA purposes, or for demanding trades, etc.)

-Cap Space guy-You can be anyone of these other roles and do this role as well. I just need someone who has a solid understanding of the CBA to help me out. I don't want this to be as strict as the real CBA, but maybe we could come up with our own rules as a league, and this guy will just help out with monitoring it with me and the other Commissioner.

Few things about the association:
1. Nobody plays games, It is all run on my association and I sim all games, and make the moves you make in my game to adjust the rosters to the moves that have been made.

2. You are the GM so you handle all your scouting, your trades, and roster moves as well as the rotations and your coach profiles so you dictate how YOUR team will play.

Questions for you guys:

1. How many guys do you want to join before we start? (Thinking at least 15 probably 20 though.)

2. Do you guys want to know players ratings from all teams, just yours, or none? Other leagues that I've done they chose none.

3. How many trading windows do you want? I was thinking no more than 3, because I don't want this to be trades were no teams resemble their current selves.

Also I was thinking of doing just 29 games. Heres why:
1-Lets us finish more seasons.
2-Helps you guys with rotations because injuries happen and it would be too tough to sim through weeks without letting you guys reset lineup.
3-This way I can go through 2 games a day for teams and you will still get to tinker with lineups, for whatever reason you want to.

Note: The league will start at Summer League so you guys can put a team in if you want and I will have the games summed for you.

Also when picking your team, if you pick a young team keep that in mind so that you want to build through young talent, and draft unless you can snag a nice trade, but most young teams hold some assets see what their potential can be.

I will be incorporating a FA calculator that determines teams talent, with city, and fan base to determine what FA's go where depending on the offers you guys make.

Hope this draws interest. Lets make this fun!

League Website I created for a different interactive association. We never got started so thats why its not 100% finished. http://fitz3411.wix.com/nbatoday#!league-hub/mainPage

Last edited by Cf3411; 10-22-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #2
Banned

Cf3411's Arena

Interactive Association

Atlanta Hawks:
Boston Celtics:
Brooklyn Nets:
Charlotte Hornets:
Chicago Bulls:
Cleveland Cavaliers:
Dallas Mavericks:
Denver Nuggets:
Detroit Pistons:
Golden State Warriors:
Houston Rockets:
Indiana Pacers:
LA Clippers:
LA Lakers:
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat:
Milwaukee Bucks:
Minnesota Timberwolves:
New Orleans Pelicans:
New York Knicks:
Oklahoma City Thunder:
Orlando Magic:
Philadelphia Sixers:
Phoenix Suns:
Portland Trail Blazers:
Sacramento Kings:
San Antonio Spurs:
Toronto Raptors:
Utah Jazz:
Washington Wizards:

Last edited by Cf3411; 12-21-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
Banned

Cf3411's Arena

Re: Interactive Association

Commissioners: CF3411

Media Members:

Agents:

CBA Pres:

Trade Veto Board:

Last edited by Cf3411; 12-21-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #4
Rookie

x217xHibbsx's Arena

I'd be interested in helping you co-commish. I'm not really sure what all that entails, but I'm a stay at home dad, so I'm home all the time.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:51 AM   #5
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm interested, can I grab the Bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #6
Banned

Cf3411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x217xHibbsx
I'd be interested in helping you co-commish. I'm not really sure what all that entails, but I'm a stay at home dad, so I'm home all the time.
Yeah right now commish would just oversee everything. By that I mean we will be every role except I don't think I'll be a GM but maybe if we need to fill spots.

I will also keep the stats and stuff or you could, if you run it on your system, but whoever runs the actual association will keep the stats.

We will be in charge of approving things like FA moves by using the FA calculator which determines the best option for the player, we will also approve or veto trades.

Me and you will also set the house rules, I'm thinking making our own CBA but obviously take advice from the GMs.

A lot more things will pop up as we go and will come to me when I'm not exhausted lol.

Also you good with spread sheets? I got coaching all weekend and I was going to do spreadsheets of all the teams and their contracts, and what teams draft picks are and send it out in a google doc. As moves are made it will be up to me you or the GM of the team to update there teams sheet. On their will also be injuries and rotations, and team goals, team play style. All the stuff that will give them a way to let everyone what stage they are in.

For example: T'Wolves Goal: Develop young talent, (maybe shed salary?), T'Wolves Play Style: Run and gun?
Also they will put all their points of emphasis and there 3 go to guys.

Trying to think of other things, like maybe thats where people put a guy on the trade block if its really obvious, but I'd prefer to leak it out through a pm to a media member and have the media deal with the story.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #7
Just started!

I'd be interested in helping you co-commish.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Just started!

I'm interested in this, can I be the Thunder?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »