Home

Regarding Training Intensity in MyGM and Promises

This is a discussion on Regarding Training Intensity in MyGM and Promises within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Regarding Training Intensity in MyGM and Promises

Because this is one part of the game which might not be that straight-forward, I wanted to throw a bit of an explanation out there.

The way players determine how hard they're being worked is a combination of the intensity setting you've chosen as well as the team's schedule. Training days, game days and rest days all are combined to determine how hard a player feels he's being worked. Different players play different minutes and have different work ethic, so two players might react wildly different to the same part in the schedule.

If a player comes to you with a complaint and you decide to promise to lower/increase the intensity, you have to take all the above into account. Merely moving the intensity needle from High to Medium (or vice-versa) might not be enough. How many game days are ahead? Are there more or less rest days than previously? What if you've set an override for certain days?

A good indication is the "Overall Workload" that's on the sidebar. That takes into account everything I've mentioned and will give you an overview.

In short, changing the intensity from "High" to "Medium" doesn't guarantee a lower workload for the player. Always look at the schedule. Players evaluate their training in rolling 2-week windows. So when making a promise, look at the 2-week window before and the 2-week window after, and make adjustments. As an additional piece of info, a game day is equal to a "High" intensity training day.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Regarding Training Intensity in MyGM and Promises

Great....i was doing it in a week interval. Giving them Sabbath every week .

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

so the "overall workload" is something that is automatically determined based on what's going on over a 2 week time period, and not something that we can just change correct? cuz right now mine says very high and players are gassed and i thought i could just change that specifically, but if i understand you correctly we have to change a number of things to bring that down?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Hey Leftos if you don't mind I have a question about training and potential in myleague. In my third year in MyLeague I noticed Jeremy Lin progressed to a 84. His potential was 77. Can training help a player progress higher than their potential? There was also quite a few other players that progressed passed their potential.

I did have the in season training effects at 55.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

what has more of an impact on the workload, setting the individual players intensity level or setting the team as a whole intensity level?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »