Home

Has anybody drafted a good RB?

This is a discussion on Has anybody drafted a good RB? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

OVR: 0
Has anybody drafted a good RB?

The one position I need from the draft is a stud back, but they are all slow or have terrible carry etc
Anyone drafted some good backs? Do they exist!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 03:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Has anybody drafted a good RB?

I have drafted one that came out with 93 spd can't remember his carry but he didn't fumble much at all.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I got lucky recently. My first round pic was a 69 WR, my next pick was 28th in the 2nd round, and there is a HB that was listed as expected to go #5 in the first round, can't remember if there was any draft story hurting his stock. I hadn't scouted him but didn't have any standouts on my draft board so took a chance and drafted him. Anyway: speed, acceleration, agility, moves, stamina, elusiveness all over 85. Superstar developmentStrength and carrying were only 65 or so, but it's easy to add to carrying and it makes sense as something a young halfback will develop as a pro.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

I was looking for a Power back drafted a six one 250lb back and when i did there was a draft chat them talking about his posting of an amazing youtube video of all his insane moves. He was a 79 rating as a rookie but he's a beast, insane moves for a big guy and he hasn't fumled at all. I noticed there was only one other back mentioned in the draft, so in total only two they talked about. Both were third round picks and a 79 beast in the third round was fun i needed a back. You also can usually find one or two in FA's anyway or trade for one from another team you like that fits what you are looking for. also they were the only two 90+ speed the guy i got not only big but 94 spd and 93 acl and carry was 80. He has no learning so that's why 79 rating.

Last edited by cocacolaman; 10-22-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43
The one position I need from the draft is a stud back, but they are all slow or have terrible carry etc
Yeah there are some studs at HB. My first draft class was a bit thin at HB(no 90+ SPD or any over 60 Strength), but in this past class(results below) i found a few as i was drafting for 8 teams in a 32-team controlled league(i set the other 24 teams on CPU control during the off-season).

A small sample size of what's available in a random draft class at HB:..

HBs: Dimitri Adams, Rd 1 pick 8; 5'11" 222 lbs, AGE 22 - 78 OVR, 85 SPD, 92 ACC, 92 AGI, 62 STR, 86 ELU/BCV/TRK/SFA/SPM(all 86's)

Garrison Hardy, Rd 1 pick 31; 6' 247 lbs, AGE 20 - 72 OVR, 91 SPD, 88 ACC, 87 AGI, 71 STR, 87 SPM, 86 SFA, 86 TRK, 80 BCV(quick development trait)

Jorian Glears, Rd 3 pick 8; 5'10" 210 lbs, AGE 21 - 78 OVR, 88 SPD, 95 ACC, 94 AGI, 59 STR, 92 JKM, 89 SFA, 87 TRK, 86 ELU, 85 BCV/SPM(superstar development trait; starts over Dimitri Adams as they were both picked by same team)

Betim Tull, Rd 6 pick 1; 6' 200 lbs, AGE 20 - 74 OVR, 86 SPD, 93 ACC, 87 AGI, 66 STR, 90 SFA, 87 SPM, 85 ELU/BCV/TRK(Superstar development!)

Kenan Mack, Rd 7 pick 23(!); 5'11" 203 lbs, AGE 20 - 71 OVR, 88 SPD, 90 ACC, 85 AGI, 67 STR, 86 BCV, 81 TRK, 79 ELU/JKM(Quick dev. trait)

Glears, Hardy and Tull are monsters(Hardy runs over two people per run, and Tulls leading the league in rushing through 5 games) and Mack, who was supposed to go undrafted has won the starting spot and with a little game prep invested, will develop into quite the late round steal, especially at only 20 years old, with quick develop!

They(good HBs) are there you just need to do a good job scouting them out and spend time developing them into what you want.

Last edited by EarthboundMysfit; 10-22-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43
Just like in the real NFL stud RB's are not in every draft class. But I have always found RB's are who are in this good to very good range and can become studs with a little bit of game prep.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got super excited during scouting when I found a One-Cut, power run RB that had A's on speed, agility and acceleration. Also had a high production number. Used my 2nd round pick on him and he came in at 75 overall, but plays pretty beastly. But, and a big BUT....he has slow development. That was a buzzkill.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I drafted two running backs in one draft hoping that at least one of them would be decent. Ended up with two 80 overall running backs, both 90+ speed, accel, agility etc. Both with superstar dev trait. Now I just run a rbbc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »