Home

Do you think there will be an NHL 16?

This is a discussion on Do you think there will be an NHL 16? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you think there will be an NHL 16?

I've been giving this a lot of thought. So much that has transpired makes no sense. Each day that passes with no response from EA on anything other than HUT I am more convinced than ever that this was one last cash grab from us idiots (myself included) and the HUT junkies and that's it. I'm betting the NHL series is done. The evidence is overwhelming.
1) For 3 years we received a roster update with minor tweaks. (That's a kind estimate)
2) They skip NHL 14 under the veil of creating a better game for NHL 15
3) NHL 15 releases incomplete and flawed, the masses are angry
4) They promise content updates and more communication
5) They release the first of two flawed incomplete content update
6) They announce the greatest day in EA NHL history on Twitter and it's nothing more than HUT packs and a preannounced incomplete flawed content update
7) EA goes ghost....unless it's HUT related as it's the last thing they can make a buck on.

My friends we are all angry and upset but we will really be sad next year because I for one believe there will be no NHL 16. It happened with the Triple Play and MVP baseball series and even the NBA game went bye bye for a while. It will suck but it's better than the way I feel now.....what do you think?

Last edited by jake19ny; 10-30-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Do you think there will be an NHL 16?

No chance. The game is a huge money maker especially for the Canadian market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Even after this? I mean I honestly have no idea about the Canadian market but given thier love of hockey I'm surprised they are not the first to revolt. I mean in all honesty I can see the players association being behind this game but I'm shocked that the NHL is ok with EA still representing them. They have done a poor job of putting forth an actual NHL game. EA continues to use the excuse that the franchise does not make what FIFA and Madden do (understandably) but if your right, and I have no reason to doubt you, shouldn't they be doing all they can to please their best market instead of alienating them? I think they are done.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel like saying this is a ridiculous question, no doubt there will be an NHL 16, but I do see what your saying. But yeah trust me there will be NHL 16
Old 10-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

If you hate this series so much, make your own?

I invoke the example of Pro Wrestling X... It might have took them forever, but they are about to Early Release on Steam what I believe will be the sweetest wrestling game ever. And they are just a handful of very passionate fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The series might be in some trouble if Ultimate Team didn't exist and wasn't increasing in revenue every year.

But I'd imagine that mode, as well as the monetization of the EASHL via purchasable attribute boosts, has basically been a life-raft keeping this series afloat.

I'd be surprised if they made enough in retail sales alone to justify keeping the NHL series around. Though the fact that Canadians have to pay $10 more for the game than Americans do probably helps EA some as well.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-31-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:57 AM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Myself, i'd be very surprised if this series was cancelled at this point. However...i think they must get all the missing/messed up modes, up and running for '16'. I doubt this game has enough strength to survive another couple years of major disappointing releases like '15'. Really pretty sad too, because not too long ago, NHL was i believe, pretty highly thought of sports game. Even on our board. No question, EA really boned this up outta the gate this new gen.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
Banned

Yeah, they should call it HUT 16 tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »