Home

EA Sports PGA Tour 15 - any news?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour 15 - any news? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5
EA Sports PGA Tour 15 - any news?

My understanding is that this game is still scheduled to be released in the spring, most likely prior to The Masters (assuming they are retaining the Augusta National license). Shouldn't we have heard more details by now? I haven't seen anything since the awful battleship trailer was released months ago.

Like most, I've moved on to The Golf Club but I'm still eager to see what EA has done with the franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour 15 - any news?

Usually around January we start to see stuff. At least that was the way it was for the tiger series.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I thought we'd have seen more by now simply because they've teased some of the next gen shots of this game already. It actually makes me a bit nervous for this title that we haven't seen anything yet. I know release is still a ways away, but given what happened with the long development cycle for NHL 15 next gen, it just makes me a bit concerned. Thought we would have seen something else by now.

I know alot have been turned off by the battlefield themed fantasy course, and because of The Golf Club (which I'm presently using to scratch my itch for digital Golf), but I'm still interested to see what this game offers.

Hopefully we start to see some stuff soon on this one.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

It seems in years past we used to get some tidbits, if not much official info, several months prior to release. I recall some of the folks on this board participating in the annual community day with EA. Doesn't sound like that's the case anymore.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have not heard much news on this. I really enjoy playing the real courses but it is really going to be hard for this series to beat out the Golf Club. Hopefully they pull out some surprise's with the next gen release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by knob1701
Have not heard much news on this. I really enjoy playing the real courses but it is really going to be hard for this series to beat out the Golf Club. Hopefully they pull out some surprise's with the next gen release.
If they were smart, they'd be taking a look at alot of the things the Golf Club does well, and be trying to replicate them to make their game better. I mean, that's what competition is for right?

I've never had a major issue with this series, I've always enjoyed it, i enjoy the golf club too, but I miss playing on real courses, with real golfers at times.

I do think EA needs to strongly consider adding a course maker though. That's one huge thing about the Golf Club that I really love. I know it flies in the opposite direction of what EA is shooting for with this series (real golfers, "real golf", real courses/environments) but it really does make the social aspect of the game much more enjoyable. That, and options, options, options. If someone wants to play PGA Tour with everything disabled similar to TGC, then let them, if they want things turned on, then let them. If they want crazy spin and power boosts, let them, but in the end, just give the player the option. They just might find people coming back to the series without having to add a battlefield themed course, and actually thinking that helps..
Old 11-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not a big fan of fantasy courses, but the Battlefield Course will probably bring in quite a few casual golf fans and probably even people who don't usually play golf games.

When the last Tiger Woods game was released, they were trying to secure more and more licenses for the real PGA Tour courses. I hope they've continued to go that route especially since they won't be paying Tiger a bunch of money every year. With every new EA Sports golf game, I hope for more and more PGA Tour golfers and courses in the game. That's my main interest, and it's the reason I haven't played The Golf Club. I'm happy TGC has had some success, but my interests are in other areas.

I'm looking forward hearing more news, and I imagine we'll get some after the first of the year. EA Sports has their focus on a lot of other games right now, but this one will get plenty of attention in early 2015. A little trailer with a release date would make me pretty happy though, lol.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
If they were smart, they'd be taking a look at alot of the things the Golf Club does well, and be trying to replicate them to make their game better. I mean, that's what competition is for right?

I've never had a major issue with this series, I've always enjoyed it, i enjoy the golf club too, but I miss playing on real courses, with real golfers at times.

I do think EA needs to strongly consider adding a course maker though. That's one huge thing about the Golf Club that I really love. I know it flies in the opposite direction of what EA is shooting for with this series (real golfers, "real golf", real courses/environments) but it really does make the social aspect of the game much more enjoyable. That, and options, options, options. If someone wants to play PGA Tour with everything disabled similar to TGC, then let them, if they want things turned on, then let them. If they want crazy spin and power boosts, let them, but in the end, just give the player the option. They just might find people coming back to the series without having to add a battlefield themed course, and actually thinking that helps..
Well said Brandon27. I would love the series if I could have those options. I remember being so excited to play The Masters and then they had the damn caddie thing that took all of,the challenge out of putting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »