Home

WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

With WWE 2K15 having kind of a strange release schedule, a lot of users have been waiting to see whether the new consoles make this year's entry worthy of the upgrade. After spending some time with the Xbox One version, it's safe to say that 2K's influence on this year's product is obvious. From some of the subtle animations changes and presentational flair, everything has received a boost in some way.

Then again, from what I've seen, there are clearly areas where corners have been cut to ship a product on time, such as missing modes, a smaller roster and a diminished creation suite. We're not talking NHL 15 levels of feature and mode omission here, but there are some items missing, so make sure you go in with your eyes open. Some users are quite upset at only 25 create-a-wrestler spots, for instance, compared to 100 on previous generation hardware.

Here are some of my quick impressions... (Make sure you share yours)

Read More - WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have heard a lot of match types have been stripped from quick play. Is this true. I need my 2 on 2 ladder match.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I have heard a lot of match types have been stripped from quick play. Is this true. I need my 2 on 2 ladder match.
2 on 2 ladder match might be out google search youll be able to find a list, but they might have 2on 2 tlc which isn't much different.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

I love the graphics and gameplay. Yes there is stuff missing but the in ring action will make up for it. Ultimate Warrior looks incredible.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I've played the game about 2 hours this morning and have to say this :

I only rented WWE 2k14 due to the proximity of the release of the Xbox One, so it's hard for me to compare too much here.

The graphics are great for being the first wrestling game on the new consoles, I look forward to future installments of the series.

Wrestling feels great here, the weight of the superstars, the fatigue, and all the animations that go with that make this game feel awesome.

I played a match with Sting vs Fandango last night as a warm up match on Legend mode and near the end of the match I had fatigued and went to climb the top ropes and it looked so realistic, from the climb through the ropes being slow to the climb all the way to the top turnbuckle.

I really enjoyed what I got to play and will be leaving work shortly to go back and play some more of the game.

My negatives to this game are:
- the roster being so small to me compared to 2k14 (I personally like having tons of legends and past superstars and current superstars) but I can look past the roster here and enjoy the game with what current superstars are here.

- The lack of match types and customization being gone (This is my biggest gripe of this game, but again it's the first WWE game on the new consoles, so I will again look past it for this year.)

Final thought from my few hours of gaming - 7.3/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafilthymofo
I love the graphics and gameplay. Yes there is stuff missing but the in ring action will make up for it. Ultimate Warrior looks incredible.
I think this game might have the best gameplay in the entire series. I know it sucks with all the missing features and match types but as long as the gameplay is great they can keep adding to the game every year.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
I think this game might have the best gameplay in the entire series. I know it sucks with all the missing features and match types but as long as the gameplay is great they can keep adding to the game every year.
Yes I am all about graphics and game play and this game totally knocks my socks off. It just plays so well it has to be seen to be believed. I look forward to having some incredible matches with this one.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #8
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0

Does this game have a Universe mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »