Home

Allow BOTH teams to wear Home uniforms

This is a discussion on Allow BOTH teams to wear Home uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Allow BOTH teams to wear Home uniforms

Watching the series of rivalries between USC and UCLA, Washington vs. Wash st., wearing home uniforms, and I think Oregon and Oregon St. will continue this, I wondered why EA hasn't allowed players the option to make both teams play with home uniforms?

Madden doesn't have such a lock on uniforms. Is there a way to allow us to play in a format where two teams can play with home uniforms at the same time?

Would it be hard to unlock this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Allow BOTH teams to wear Home uniforms

Probably because it is a penalty in college football. The visiting team can match the home team's uniforms, but the visiting team loses a timeout at the start of the game.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

Conferences are now allowing this without any penalties, but I think it would be cool for EA to allow players to have the choice to have teams play with their home uniforms. I'm wondering if it's just a number in the program that prevents players from playing two teams with Home uniforms.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

There are a few teams that can wear the same color jerseys due to bugs in the uniform packs.

Notre Dame can do white on white (which I imagine would be freaking horrible).
Georgia Tech can do color on color.
Fresno and/or San Diego St (I think) or some other small west coast school from a later uniform pack can do color on color.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

It would be nice, but it only really happens 2-3 times a year IRL, and as others have said is technically a penalty.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

Last edited by TDenverFan; 12-06-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

But in state rivalries are doing it more often, and I think it's fun a school believe their state or city they live in is theirs and they ARE the home team. It's just a fun thing to have incorporated in the game which EA sports did before in previous installments and continue to do as an option on Madden. As one say the uniform packs has allowed some jerseys to have to white uniforms at the same time. So maybe it's just a re-sequence of data numbers that locks or prevent a player to use home uniforms for host and visitors. A patch from EA could allow it. Maybe?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarOfFootball
But in state rivalries are doing it more often, and I think it's fun a school believe their state or city they live in is theirs and they ARE the home team. It's just a fun thing to have incorporated in the game which EA sports did before in previous installments and continue to do as an option on Madden. As one say the uniform packs has allowed some jerseys to have to white uniforms at the same time. So maybe it's just a re-sequence of data numbers that locks or prevent a player to use home uniforms for host and visitors. A patch from EA could allow it. Maybe?
Uhhh, EA is done with NCAA. There will be no more patches.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

Does it have to be done through EA? If anyone has played GTA 5 or Red Dead Redemption knows there are ways of enhancing or altering the functions and appearances of the games and gameplay.

There are some programmers who have kept Tecmo Bowl relevant; even creating a college football version of the game. I'm saying there's hope for a patch or an enhancement of a game we all love. Maybe not from EA, but the PS3 is a computer and a program can be downloaded to help gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »