Home

How can I download the game

This is a discussion on How can I download the game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
Rookie

NOppenheimer's Arena

OVR: 0
How can I download the game

Anyone have a way of downloading this game still? Can't find it on EA and Amazon is charging a ridiculous price for a 6-year-old game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How can I download the game

Yeah, Amazon is charging a lot for 09... I don't know about a download. I bought my copy at Books a Million about 3 or 4 years ago, they were selling it for like $2 ha! I would check with several Game Stops, you can usually call ahead to see if they have a used game in stock.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Rookie

NOppenheimer's Arena

By the way, I'm looking for the PC version, not the XBox/PS version.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2
Angry Re: How can I download the game

There is no PC version of NFL Head Coach 09. There is the first attempt EA did a year or 2 before 09 it was NFL Head coach 06 or 08 I believe but it was a bug filled disaster but it was available for PC. It was nothing like NFL Head Coach 09 though so it would be a waste of time purchasing this old PC Game. I have Madden 15 for the PS 4 and they still haven't even gotten close to the depth NFL Coach 09 has. Sad really Sad, CFM mode in Madden 15 on PS4 is still rather lame.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
Just started!

i downloaded the 06 for pc from an EA game client thing called origin for $10 a few years back. after playing it a year i encountered bugs but i figured out what it was. if you do trades with the other teams and put them over the salary cap, or mess their cap up so much that they can't recover the game messes up and you have to start over. so having figured this out and saving the season at certain points 06 is very playable. for example just save it before the draft do what you think is manageable and then sim ahead a season or two and see. if everything is ok go back and play. you can make trades just keep in mind the other teams salary cap.

you can also take your seasons with you. just copy the file in your user document folder and you'll always have it. for example i had to get a knew computer with windows 8 and HC06 didn't work on that operating system. i used vista before. so easily found a pirated version of HC06 that said it worked with it. and it does.

so the game i bought works with vista, but the pirated version works with windows 8. the mouse wigs out at the start but if you minimize the game then maximize it it works fine and mouse control comes back. there's also an 09 pirated version that works with windows 8 but i haven't tried it. im pretty happy with 06. some ppl say the actual field play is better on 06 but i wouldn't know. i plan on playing 06 a long time. i recommend getting the slider. i set the game length to 12 mins.

so yes there is a way to do everything you want. it's worth it. it's a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Just started!

i mean i set the quarter length to 12 mins. i like to run the ball and control the clock. but there are times i get drunk and pass a lot to pad the stats. i downloaded the slider for 06 from this site 2 years a go, i think the link to the file is error now. i can upload the slider here if you figure it all out and need it.

although i don't see an option to attach a file.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Just started!

i think I was mistaken about there being a HC09 for the PC. i decided to try and downloaded my first torrent, it said it was for the PC but then it made me do a survey to get the password to unlock the 2GB RAR file and the password didn't work. it was pretty tedious as in order to get the password to the unlock the file by taking surveys installed a lot of malware. so i had to keep doing system restores. i do wonder if i was given the wrong password because i filled out the surveys wrong; if that's even possible or if the whole thing is just a scam. the password i got was summly2013am. a quick google of it shows many others having the same exact problem with whatever games they are trying to unrar. so other than using a rar password recovery tool and finding out 10 years later after it works that it doesn't work, i'll have to stick with HC06 or get a console gaming system.

it is a scam right? can anyone verify any of this info for me?

what i can verify is that i have downloaded and installed HC06 from the internet from theisozone (i don't have 5 posts so can't post the exact link it's the 3rd link down in google tho) and it worked on windows 8. you have to follow the instructions correctly but it does work. as i previously said i bought the game for vista and then found it wasn't supported for win8 or even works. a tech at EA even said it didn't work for win8. so HC06 should be abandonware as EA doesn't even let you download it anymore and you have to go somewhere else to get a working win8 copy.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

^^^^Pirate alert.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »