Home

Why is all american difficulty so hard all of a sudden?

This is a discussion on Why is all american difficulty so hard all of a sudden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is all american difficulty so hard all of a sudden?

I've been playing on all american difficulty for awhile now on ncaa 13, with the way I put the sliders I had (if I had to guess) a 60% chance of winning each game. I started playing again and it's extremely difficult now, the kind of difficult where the game's not even fun anymore. I've lost the first 4 games of the season because of this which has never happened in any football game I've had. Why is all american so hard all of a sudden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Why is all american difficulty so hard all of a sudden?

Your question is difficult to answer. There are many variables which affect game play. Try varying the Difficulty Setting to see how the game responds. Play with different teams and observe what is happening. If you are in Dynasty mode, compare your team's current ratings to year-beginning or dynasty-beginning ratings.

I suggest you consider purchasing NCAA 14 because NCAA 14 allows you to set Offense and Defense Difficulties separately - a great improvement in game play control.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashhat69
I've been playing on all american difficulty for awhile now on ncaa 13, with the way I put the sliders I had (if I had to guess) a 60% chance of winning each game. I started playing again and it's extremely difficult now, the kind of difficult where the game's not even fun anymore. I've lost the first 4 games of the season because of this which has never happened in any football game I've had. Why is all american so hard all of a sudden?
If you think AA is too hard to play, just try to play NCAA Football 99 or 01. Btw, I believe you will need to tweak sliders to make your game more realistic i.e. 140 average plays between two team, total offense, etc.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Well you did type that you started playing "again", so maybe you need to get into it and get your rhythm back. I get like that on Choops 2k8 when I jump back into my legacy. I struggle through and then something clicks. Not sure if this is you, but I would keep playing and see what happens.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Rookie

I've taken breaks from playing this game and I've never had this problem when I started playing again. Playing on all american with each user slider on 70 felt like I was playing on heisman difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Ok, I think theres something wrong with my game, like a bug or something, because I just lost a game on varsity difficulty!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Ok, I think theres something wrong with my game, like a bug or something, because I just lost a game on varsity difficulty!
That must be it!

There couldn't possibly be another explanation!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #8
Rookie

I've never lost on varsity difficulty in any football game I have ever owned, I've always dominated every game in dynasty mode on varsity difficulty hence, me switching to AA which I was doing just fine on then all of a sudden the games difficult for me even though I'm not playing any differently. The next game I played after saying it has to be a bug I dominated 35-10 when I didn't change the difficulty, the sliders or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »