Home

My Sony Playstation 4 Experience

This is a discussion on My Sony Playstation 4 Experience within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
My Sony Playstation 4 Experience

I'm sorry for the length but if you have a minute take a look at how Sony Playstation deals with their paying customers. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot or inappropriate for this website, I'm just trying to spread my story around.

Dear potential Sony consumers,

I would like to share my recent experience with the Sony Playstation and Sony company in general. On October 19 I purchased a Playstation 4 from a local Sears store. I was ecstatic to finally have the system after enjoying years worth of fun with the Playstation 3. Roughly 6-8 days after first purchasing the system, while playing Madden 15 with my friend the system shut off on its own. After many attempts to turn the system back on it would only power up for about a half of a second and then turn off again.

Frustrated I called the Playstation support number and was instructed to wait for a box to be sent to me then seal my Playstation 4 and send it to them to be repaired. The disc was still in the console. I was told I would be given a report on what was wrong with the system. On November 25 I received an email that my system was on its way back to me, roughly two weeks after initially sending it away. I received the system the next day and happily played it for the next day and a half. On Thanksgiving while I was playing again the screen froze, filled with red dots, then shut off on its own. I tested this several more times that day and a few more the next day but got the same result.

With my patience wearing thin I again contacted the Sony support number where I was connected with a very rude supervisor whom I have his name and employee number. I requested a completely new system. Willing to once again send mine away as long as I received a brand new one conse. I did not find this request unreasonable because the system had now failed twice. This request was denied and the reason cited being "based on the service history." This was especially confusing because I did everything Sony Playstation suggested, at this point the system has been in shipment and repair longer than I've physically possessed the system. I was told my only two options were to once again have my defective system serviced or to bring the system back to where it was originally purchased. I requested to speak to someone else and this request was also denied, I was then hungup on shortly after.

Not satisfied with this I went to a local Sony store location and spoke with the supervisor of the store. I was instructed to "have patience" and that all that she can do (I have this employees name and employee number as well) was to elevate the status of the request and send an email to Sony Playstation support. Regretfully I did not get a physical copy of the email sent for confirmation. I was instructed by the Sony employee that I would receive a phone call or email within 48 hours. No such call or email was ever made to me. A few days later I went back to the Sony store because I hadn't received anything, and the same employee was working however refused to come out and talk to us. Instead a different worker asked us to repeat the entire story and go over everything step by step. We were again told the same things and there was no one higher in the company we were able to speak to. This is ridiculous being that in a company this large there is no one else to talk to.

Before going back to the original Sears location to swap out the system I called Playstation support once more to find out what was originally wrong with the system. Continuing with the current theme this request was also denied because the support team has no obligation to divulge the information of what is wrong with systems that are repaired. I was told though that what was written down was the Madden 15 disc was removed from the system. Could it be possible this was the only action taken on my defective Playstation 4 system? I guess I'll never know.

Finally I decided to try my only other option made available to me, go back to Sears to exchange this $400 item. I was told at Sears that no Playstation 4 systems were available at that location. Immediately I jumped on the computer, got on my phone and attempted to contact every Sears location on Long Island to see if they have any in stock. No such luck. I was not even able to order one online as Sears wear houses had no Playstation systems available. What Sears can do for me is give me a Sears specific gift card and I can wait until one arrives, with no promise of when or if one will arrive and be made available for me to purchase.

The key here is that after all of the disrespect, lack of support, and complete disregard of a consumer of Sony products I still want to buy a Playstation 4. But Sony seems determined to not aid me in any way to do so. A Playstation 4 is not a $20 item, it is a $500 item that broke a week after purchase and then again after I sent it away at Sonys request to have it repaired.

On the day I purchased my Playstation 4 I also bought an extra controller and two games. I have poured my hard earned money into Sony Playstation and all I have gotten in return is disrespect after I was sold a broken product. It has been over a week now of calling Sears locations every day in hopes of finding another Playstation 4. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate one. I just wanted to share my experience with the Sony Playstation company. While this ordeal has been going on for over a month, I have been able to play a total of 6-8 days of a product and accessories I have bought totaling about $580. Thank you Sony.

Sincerely,
A very dissatisfied customer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: My Sony Playstation 4 Experience

This is terrible. I truly hope this works out to your satisfaction in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks a lot I appreciate that and you taking the time to read it. Just trying to spread the word in the limited ways I know how haha.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

As awful as all of that is you had some really high expectations of various levels of support that were never going to be met. That's on them for not resetting your expectations and for not putting it in terms for you to understand (as I'm certain the other side of the story isn't nearly as dire), because you've obviously never dealt with a company this large over matters like this.

I'll leave it at that, no point picking apart the various issues like that. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction in the near future.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Sorry that happened to you, man. I've had my PS4 since release day and haven't had any major problems like that. I does sound like a defective console to me.

Also, it's kind of odd for Sony to act that way. Have you tried contacting them online? That's what I've done in the past and they've always done right by me (although, I've never had a console problem on PS3 or PS4 *knocks on wood). I wonder if they're being more strict due to wanting to keep more units for holiday sales or something like that?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Have you tried Sony's online support or just phone? I only exchanged a couple of controllers before they went out of warranty, but I did it online and the rep couldn't have been more polite and the process went smoothly. Not saying it would make a difference because you're going to find both good and bad reps on any avenue, but it might be worth a shot.

I will say it seems like you might be expecting more from the Sony Store folks than what they can actually do.

Hope it works out for you though.

FYI, there's a manual eject for a stuck disc, just in case you need to get a disc out before sending the system off.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
As awful as all of that is you had some really high expectations of various levels of support that were never going to be met. That's on them for not resetting your expectations and for not putting it in terms for you to understand (as I'm certain the other side of the story isn't nearly as dire), because you've obviously never dealt with a company this large over matters like this.

I'll leave it at that, no point picking apart the various issues like that. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction in the near future.
I totally understand a Sony store is different than Playstation, and their hands are certainly tied in terms of what they can do for me. It was just something I thought I'd try. In terms of expectations I expect when I make a purchase of upwards of $400 it won't break, let alone break twice after I send it away to be "repaired." I don't think it's crazy to expect a new system rather than continuously send it away to be "repaired." Of course you guys only see one side of the story, but the bottom line is I'm still trying to get my hands on their product. I'm just trying to game lmaooo.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Have you tried Sony's online support or just phone? I only exchanged a couple of controllers before they went out of warranty, but I did it online and the rep couldn't have been more polite and the process went smoothly. Not saying it would make a difference because you're going to find both good and bad reps on any avenue, but it might be worth a shot.

I will say it seems like you might be expecting more from the Sony Store folks than what they can actually do.

Hope it works out for you though.

FYI, there's a manual eject for a stuck disc, just in case you need to get a disc out before sending the system off.
Thanks man I had no idea about that lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »