Home

Welcome to The Factory | Eastern Michigan University (NCAA Football 14)

This is a discussion on Welcome to The Factory | Eastern Michigan University (NCAA Football 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8
Welcome to The Factory | Eastern Michigan University (NCAA Football 14)

I've been wanting to post a dynasty story for a long time now, but didn't have the time. I am starting a new career now, though, and am hoping I will have the time to keep this going. I play sports game for fun, so that will be the main focus here. If I am not having fun with this anymore, I'll try something else. The good news is that once I start a new dynasty, I generally stick with it for multiple seasons. That is the goal with this one: simple updates that cover multiple seasons of my NCAA Football 14 career. This is as much a place for me to highlight some of my favorite moments and stats as much as anything else.

I am Michigan born and bred, and though I did not attend Eastern Michigan University, I have a lot of friends who did. EMU always plays second fiddle to some of the more popular MAC schools like Western Michigan, or even Central Michigan. Eastern Michigan has not had a lot of success where the other schools in the conference may have, so it is time to change that, even if it is just in video game form.

Eastern Michigan University is less than a 15-minute drive from one of the most storied franchises in college football history (University of Michigan), and yet the football teams have always seemingly been on separate planets. I hope to move EMU up the ranks of the Mid-American Conference, and eventually gain them a higher prestige. I will play my character as realistically as possible, meaning if another, larger program offers me a shot at their school, I could potentially take it. That doesn't mean I will, and I fully plan on fulfilling at least my three-year contract with Eastern Michigan.

Here is the basic rundown of my settings:

Game: NCAA Football 14
System: Xbox 360
Rosters: Pasta Padre's from July of 2013
Difficulty: All-American on Offense, Varsity on Defense
Recruiting Difficulty:
Coaching Progression: Normal
Quarter Length: 7 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold: 25

I am using a penalty set that I found on here, but I cannot give credit because I forget where I found them. They are pretty realistic, though.

I do not use any special house rules on gameplay or recruiting as I like to keep things fun for myself, but I try to play realistically each week. That said, I may make some plays that not everyone agrees with, and I am perfectly fine with that.

Because I hate playing defense, I will most likely stick to Offensive Coordinator throughout this dynast (subject to change). That said, I will only focus on the offense when posting stats and depth charts because that is what I would do if I was actually hired in as an OC. Sorry if this bothers anyone.

One final note: I will only post Top 25 Rankings every so often unless my current team is active in them.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this becomes a thread that garners some fun discussions.

Last edited by psymin1; 12-10-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Re: Welcome to The Factory | Eastern Michigan University (NCAA Football 14)

Quote:
Eastern Michigan University is proud to announce the hiring of Talon Raiver as new offensive coordinator.

Raiver was most recently the quarterback coach of at West Virginia University, where he helped the Mountaineers win multiple Big East (now American) titles, including three bowl wins. Raiver is a Michigan man, and a graduate of Wayne State University in the heart of Detroit City, where he started under center for three of his four years at the University. Prior to his tenure at Wayne State, Talon played high school ball at Catholic Central, where he won a State Championship in his senior season. Though Raiver enjoyed his time as a player, his true passion has always been coaching, and his natural leadership abilities have helped make him a great one at that.

Eastern Michigan is proud to have Talon Raiver's unique skill set in Ypsilanti. We are confident that Raiver is the man that will help bring EMU into the national spotlight.

Heather Lyke
Athletic Director
Eastern Michigan University
For the uninitiated, the Eastern Michigan University Eagles have a history of failure. They have amassed eight winless seasons, the last as recent as 2009, and have only won one Bowl Game. That win was way back in 1987 where they defeated the 17.5 point favorite San Jose State University in the California Bowl. In 2009, Ron English - the former University of Michigan defensive coordinator - was hired in as head coach (in real life, Ron English went 0-12 in his third season and was fired, but we're not skipping ahead, so he is still the head coach in this universe).

Talon Raiver is the new offensive coordinator, and he is bringing his one-back offensive style to the Eagles. Ron English has the potential to be a big-time head coach, so can these two Michigan men bring Eastern Michigan the MAC trophy it has been longing for?

2013 Season Goals:
5 Wins
Sign at Least Two 3-Star Recruits
Beat Rival Central Michigan
Beat Rival Western Michigan

Last edited by psymin1; 12-11-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Season Recaps

2013 Season
Spoiler

Last edited by psymin1; 12-18-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Awards

Reserved for Awards.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Depth Charts

2013 Season - Offensive Coordinator

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

2013 NCAA Season Preview

2013 NCAA Season Preview

Entering the 2013 college football season sees some teams in different conferences. Here is a preview of how the experts believe the new-look conferences will shake out.

Analysts have put Talon Raiver and the EMU Eagles on notice, predicting that even with the new coaching duo of English and Raiver, the team will still finish dead last in the MAC.

Alabama leads the way into 2013, landing at the top spot on the preseason Coaches Poll. It should also be noted that the only MAC school to earn a spot in the Preseason Top 25 Coaches Poll is Northern Illinois at #24.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

2013 Schedule Announcement

Ron English has unveiled the 2013 Eastern Michigan University schedule today. There are some high caliber teams, and English was quoted as saying that he "wants to give Talon (Raiver) a real test in his first season as an offensive coordinator".

Some surprises come at the top of schedule as the Eagles will kick-off play against the #21 team in the country: Kansas State. The ranked opponents do not stop there, though, as they are slated to play three other preseason Top 25 teams, all of them on the road. Along with #21 Kansas State, EMU will face an SEC team that ranked at #25, Vanderbilt, the perennial powerhouse Notre Dame Fighting Irish, currently ranked #7, will be their highest ranked opponent of the season. The final opponent is one that the Eagles know fairly well, the only MAC team to be ranked: the #24 Northern Illinois squad.

Another big surprise on the schedule this year is the fact that Talon Raiver's old team, the West Virginia Mountaineers, will head to The Factory in week three. Raiver surely has that game circled on his calender, but will he be able to put together a team that has a fighting chance against a Big XII organization that likes to pound on quarterbacks?

Here is the rest of the 2013 schedule:

Eastern Michigan University 2013 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31at #21 Kansas State
Sep 7at #25 Vanderbilt
Sep 14vs West Virginia
Sep 21at Ball State*
Sep 28BYE WEEK
Oct 5vs Buffalo*
Oct 12at #7 Notre Dame
Oct 17at Kent State*
Oct 26at #24 Northern Illinois*
Nov 2vs Toledo*
Nov 9at Western Michigan*
Nov 16BYE WEEK
Nov 23vs Bowling Green*
Nov 30vs Central Michigan*
Dec 7BYE WEEK

Which games stand out for you? Are there any that you think the Eagles have a sure-fire shot of winning? Sound off on our message boards at EMUEagles.com/Forums**!

The Eastern Echo Prediction: Each week, the Eastern Echo will predict the outcome of the upcoming match-up. In week one, there is little chance that EMU will top a ranked club on the road. KSU 42, EMU 14.

*MAC opponents
**Not a real website

Last edited by psymin1; 12-10-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Week 1 at Kansas State

Wildcats Capitalize on Young Eagles' Mistakes

BY BRANDEN CROW
EASTERN ECHO EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

The most disappointing aspect of this week one match-up against the #21 team in the country is that the Eagles had a legitimate shot at making this a game. Some poor decision-making late in the second half, plus a bad touchdown drive in the fourth quarter by the Wildcats cost the Eagles a major upset. The game was pretty much out of reach by the end of the third quarter, but Tyler Benz didn't care. He drove the Eagles down the field for two more touchdowns in the fourth quarter, making the game appear closer than it really was. This was an expected loss, but one that the Eagles should be able to build on in the coming weeks.

Game Ball: WR Dustin Creel for starting the day #3 on the depth chart, but proving just as reliable as #2 guy (Demarius Reed).

Next Up:A road-trip to a sour 0-1 SEC club in Tennessee: Vanderbilt.
The Eastern Echo Prediction (1-0): Vandy 35, Eagles 14

Last edited by psymin1; 12-10-2014 at 10:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »