Home

Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA?

This is a discussion on Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Rookie

WorkingILLINI's Arena

OVR: 4
Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA?

Question. Madden is a fun game. I like playing it. However, in the past I would have completed several seasons because I would have wanted to see how my players from NCAA Football would do in the pros. Now- I have not completed one season. Am I the only one who plays Madden less because NCAA Football is no longer around?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA?

No, this year's game has made my opinion on Madden turnaround. I was down on the series the last few years, but finally am having a blast this year. The game is trending in the right direction. I am halfway through year 4 in a 2 person online CCM and we're not even close to being burned out. Started out 6-10, 5-11, 12-4, and now 4-1. Madden has never had decent enough defense to make that a possibility until this year. It's nice to finally be able to play the game, actually build a team, and get realistic results week in and week out. The reason I had such a quick turnaround in year 3 was because my last 9 games were against 8 teams under .500 on the year. My lone loss in this season is the one team over .500 I've played.

I don't remember the last time CPU teams actually played like their records would indicate in a football game.

So if anything, this year's game makes me want to keep playing Madden and wanting NCAA more than ever.

― Plato
Old 12-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Honestly, I'll say yes it has. Not to the point where I don't want to play it at all, but the lack of NCAA presence is definitely felt.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Eh, I have no interest of NCAA on any level, and my like or dislike of Madden is independent of NCAA Football.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

highflyaviator's Arena

OVR: 0

My love for either has not been affected but based on seeing the advances Madden made (Madden did advance, by how much can be debated but it did advance), I miss NCAA even more now. While playing Madden 15, I keep thinking "Man I wonder what NCAA 15 or NCAA 16 would have looked/played like?" Despite the claim, "no NCAA means more attention to make Madden better" I think NCAA and Madden would have pushed each other especially seeing the plans the NCAA team had for the future. I think Madden is heading in the right direction but NCAA would have pushed them farther along. Just a dang shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

My love of Madden hasn't been affected one way or another. However, and suprisingly to me, my interest in real life college football has absolutely decreased over the last two years. I really didn't expect that, since I was a college football fan before the game came along, but I guess that the two had become so intertwined within my fanhood, that the loss of the one changed the other.

I still love and follow my school, but my interest in watching other games and keeping a very close knowledge of whats going on in the game overall has dropped. I've gone from like an 8 on a scale of 10 as a fan to about a 6.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

As much as I complain about the faults in next gen madden (and I do - at length - to anyone in earshot), I would still buy and love a next gen NCAA.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

My love for madden has actually increased. It's the only next gen football game available

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »