Home

Sortable Season and Career Stats

This is a discussion on Sortable Season and Career Stats within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Sortable Season and Career Stats

This is a feature that is in literally every sports game other than The Show, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. And it is long overdue. There should be league wide sortable stats for anything you can think of, positional stats, rookie stats, and career stats. They could easily include this feature straight from the regular team stat page. As you're scrolling through the teams, MLB, AL and NL should eventually pop up, and everyone who has appeared in a game should be able to be scrolled through. Then you should be able to bring up with the press of one of the triggers all previous seasons in your franchise. Press of square would bring up rookie stats, and triangle would bring up career stats.

Something like this would be a very simple concept to implement, and all the stats you could possibly ask for would be able to be accessed from one page. It would also add a ton of immersion to your franchise. If they added this and nothing else (other than better trade AI, and owner mode, please) I would be happy, and satisfied. I would greatly appreciate some input from a developer on this, or at least a hint that the stat interface has been revamped. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Godgers12; 12-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sortable Season and Career Stats

I would love if video games would add an "Export to Excel" function, so that I can take the stats to the computer and analyze myself. Right now all the data entry has to be manual on my end by going through each team.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 12-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

I can't believe this hasn't already been implemented in every mode (even RTTS). We should be able to pull up our franchise and see league wide statistics, team statistics, career rankings for each category, user stats both by season and for a career, etc. I'd love to have a guy play through his whole career and establish team records for single season and career stats, and then have a new guy try and break his records.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

This whole thread x 1000!!!!
It also boggles my mind why this game is so utterly lacking in Stat tracking n sorting!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
This whole thread x 1000!!!!
It also boggles my mind why this game is so utterly lacking in Stat tracking n sorting!

Yea stat tracking is something that I feel people have been asking for years for. I doubt we ever get it since franchise mode is so overlooked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Yea stat tracking is something that I feel people have been asking for years for. I doubt we ever get it since franchise mode is so overlooked.
I actually look for expanded, year to year stat tracking sooner rather than later,
as soon as the ps4 Show divorces the ps3 Show.
#44Syracuse
Old 12-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Yea and that boggles my mind too. I know if franchise doesn't get much love I will skip this year as that's all I ever really play.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

I agree completely. Especially in baseball, stats are king. When you are deep into a franchise, it is important to be able to go back and see who played where and what kind of stats they had. Heck, the PSP could save career stats, so there is no reason the PS4, or even PS3, cannot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »