Home

Madden 16 commentary

This is a discussion on Madden 16 commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Madden 16 commentary

I know this likely won't ever happen, but it would be great if EA brought in nfl 2k5 fictional commentators Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe for madden 16. This would be a cheaper solution for EA than Phil Simms and Jim Nantz and they would be able to record a lot more lines of commentary. Plus this would make the sim community really happy

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 16 commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I know this likely won't ever happen, but it would be great if EA brought in nfl 2k5 fictional commentators Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe for madden 16. This would be a cheaper solution for EA than Phil Simms and Jim Nantz and they would be able to record a lot more lines of commentary. Plus this would make the sim community really happy

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

No one will disagree with you, but I believe having brand name announcers is a perk for casual community. It brings in the crowd that doesn't care about real gameplay.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
No one will disagree with you, but I believe having brand name announcers is a perk for casual community. It brings in the crowd that doesn't care about real gameplay.

Yeah thats definitely true and thats why I think EA keeps bringing in these big-name commentators-just to appeal to the casual gamers. But in the long run, bringing in voice actors will help with the immersion of the game as the commentary will stay fresh and not get very repetitive in franchise mode, which we arent getting now with Simms and Nantz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0

We need the TV commentators......when the game didn't, it was terrible. Who was the radio commentator we had that time....awful!

What we really need is multiple commentary crews. Have different teams allocated to your game, depending on timing and importance.

And put the old John Madden commentary in as a bonus extra.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I will disagree...I DO NOT want fictional announcers. Might as well have fictional teams and players too. Call it All-Pro football

Madden tries (imperfectly, yes) to replicate the real NFL game. They will (and should) have real life announcers. I don't know that a second team will ever be possible because of the cost and time to do it, but yes, they can improve on what we have now. 4-5 years with the same, basically unchanged commentary is inexcusable.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

The commentary is bad but I think there is a lot they can do with the Nantz-Sims commentary without necessarily starting from the ground up with new guys. If they record some more dynamic lines, add those to what they already have, and program it better (i.e. telling me to punt it every 4th down, calling a flag route a post route, etc.), it could be much improved without distracting the team from getting more important things done.

Commentary just isn't a priority to me because I can just mute it when it's bad.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
Banned

When you can have a kicker line up for a kick and the lead commentator doesn't say his name or the kick distance.

When you can have an onside kick recovered or lost to the other team and there is no replay or even a comment on it, just silence.

When the game never does something as basic as calling the score like "The Cowboys defeat the Jets today 21 to 10" or "The first half has come to a close, it's the Seahawks leading the Bengals 13 to 3".

When the game can't even do those simple things that were in football games 2 generations ago, it's hard to have much hope of it improving much from where it is now. I just have a feeling the people developing this are not noticing that there is a problem with how the commentary is scripted and what's missing from it.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This topic has come up several times over the years and we'll start having people comment how they want the top announcers from each network or their favorite announcers, etc...

Personally, I didn't like the voices of Dan and Peter, but understand how others would like them.

Gman, did you get NG for xmas like I did?

Congrats, if you did.

Last edited by roadman; 01-01-2015 at 10:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »