Home

NBA 2K15 - PS4 - Ultimate Legends Roster Project

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - PS4 - Ultimate Legends Roster Project within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NBA 2K15 - PS4 - Ultimate Legends Roster Project

Ok guys and girls. My name is Brian Mazique aka Franchiseplay. I'm a Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report, a major hoops and NBA 2K fan. I was one of the fortunate ones to attend the NBA 2K Team-Up event this past year, and I've been making legends rosters and draft classes for years.

I do them a little different than some others because I create a statistics scale based on a company-rated players and their stats. I then compare those stats with that of the legends or prospects. I make adjustments for different eras and levels of competition in the case of the draft classes, and I try to come up with the most realistic rosters and draft classes possible.

Nothing is an exact science, but I like to think I do fairly well. In the end, the community will be the judge of that. I've never really shared my creations on OS, though I've been a member for years.

This thread is only about the legends roster as I won't kick the draft class into high gear until around the end of February. I like to use college and international players' stats from the most-recent season as a base.

Generally, I make about three legends per day and I'm trying to exhaust all of the capabilities of the NBA 2K15 system to include as many legends as possible. So far I've made about 33. When I'm done with a set of three, I post a video on my YouTube channel to show the faces, bodies, stats and signature moves of each player.

It seemed like a good idea to put my legends roster and draft class in the forums this year with a YouTube update daily. I wanted to do this to get the community's take on the creations and ratings and also to get my roster out to as many NBA 2K fans as possible.

I spoke with Steve Noah first to ensure the idea of posting the videos was cool. He gave me the go ahead.

The videos don't show the tendencies, but I use my knowledge of the game to determine those numbers. I'm starting this off with my most recent creations - Lenny Wilkens, Rony Seikaly & Ben Wallace. I expect it to be completed an uploaded on PSN around the All-Star Break.

Hope you guys enjoy.

P.S. In case you want to see the previous 10 updates that include the likes of Young Vince Carter, two versions of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Reggie Miller, two Charles Barkleys, Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill & others, click here to see the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gVLGzzfZJ9jFdQ

Last edited by franchiseplay; 01-08-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: erasing misinformation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #2
Banned

WendelWashington's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - PS4 - Ultimate Legends Roster Project

Why 2 versions of some players? Hate when I play fantasy draft and I play Barkley vs Barkley or something.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Only did two versions of guys whose games were drastically different at points during their career.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Here's vids to T-Mac, Grant Hill, Ben Wallace and others.. another three will be done today.

List of guys completed:

1. Kareem (Lakers)
2. Kareem (Bucks)
3. Young Wilt
4. Artis Gilmore
5. Barkley (76ers)
6. Barkley
7. Reggie Miller
8. Dan Issel
9. Dolph Schayes
10. Jason Kidd
11. Bob Petit
12. Adrian Dantley
13. Walt Bellamy
14. Rick Barry
15. Elvin Hayes
Chet Walker
Bob Lanier
Vince Carter - Raptors *
19. Michael Jordan Wizards *
20. Jack Sikma
21. Wes Unseld
22. Stephon Marbury
23. Paul Arizin
24. George Mikan
25. Zelmo Beaty
26. Rasheed *
27. Hal Greer
28. Alex English
29. Grant Hill *
30. Tracy McGrady
31. Rony Seikaly
32. Lenny Wilkens
33. Ben Wallace

Last edited by franchiseplay; 01-08-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yo, I checked out a few of your YouTube videos earlier and I must say that your level of detail on the created players is damn near spot on with their lifelike counterparts. I see that you are hoping for a release of the roster around All-Star weekend and I can't wait to download the roster file and see how it plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Added KJ, a young KG and Mark Jackson... Hand down, man down

Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Added Tom Chambers, Bob McAdoo, Glen Rice, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens and Darrell Griffith

Old 01-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

awesome work and updates.

My favorite thing in sports gaming is playing a franchise with "all-time" teams... essentially, the best players in each franchises history

I'm currently 3 years into one in MLB The Show and it is beyond epic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »