Home

Talking Points - Camera Settings

This is a discussion on Talking Points - Camera Settings within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Talking Points - Camera Settings

Simple question ... what camera settings do you feel work best for you?

I do not really want to believe that this is true, but, it seems like the game plays a little differently with different camera settings ... so do you feel that there is a camera settings collection that associates with excellent (fair) gameplay?

I used "Tele" throughout my time with earlier FIFAs ... but I am struggling with FIFA15 and I am willing/interested to try new things to get better. The other two most common options seem to be "TeleBroadcast" and "Broadcast". I am equally curious about the height/zoom pairings that you pair with your camera choice.

I like to be able to see a lot of the pitch - so that I can see where my teammates are for passes, and so that I can see the defenders closing in on me when I am in possession ... this is what my choice of "Tele(H-12/Z-8)" has been good for.

However, when I have been exploring some of the "TeleBroadcast" and "Broadcast" suggestions, I have noticed that I feel like I can do better with the ball at my players' feet ... I seem to be able to turn more quickly, anticipate the CPU tackles, maintain possession ... I like that the camera brings me a bit closer to the "action".

But this leads to three negatives for me ... (1) I have trouble seeing a bigger fraction of the overall pitch, it is harder for me to notice my teammates, maybe I need to get better about using the radar at the bottom of the screen, (2) the bias between "top of the screen" and "bottom of the screen" is more pronounced - whenever the action moves to the top of the screen it seems so far away, sometimes I cannot see the ball because the players themselves are in the way, and (3) I have trouble with perception when the ball is in the air, trying to figure out where it is going to fall, sometimes I am WAY off - and this camera seems to make this challenge even more difficult.

Perhaps there is a way to combine a good choice of Height/Zoom along with either "TeleBroadcast" or "Broadcast" ... and get a balance of all the positives from each idea. Maybe some of you have had some of the same troubles that I have, and you have found a good mix of settings?

I play all-manual (if that matters) - so being accurate about the direction of my passes / shots is certainly important to me - maybe one of the camera choices works better for all-manual players?

I play career mode only.

- - - - -

I realize that this topic is a little less "sexy" than some of my other "Talking Points" threads ... but everything matters when you are 0-1-12 in your last thirteen matches (1 scored / 28 allowed) ... yikes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Talking Points - Camera Settings

I like telebroadcast 17-7

Its fun to play with swiveling real life broadcast camera but it gets tricky at some stadiums and it can be disorienting on the controller.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Sph.

Try these easy things.

Always play LB + pass, pass and goes when on attack. You can hit the return pass with LB+y to loft it. When you hold LB when you pass the passer makes a run directly towards goal.

Secondly, whenever you can use knock-ons. Hold RT and knock or double knock the r-stick into space.

Once you get a hang of that you will see that while EA nerfed sprinting they did not nerf knock-ons.

You can even, at times, knock on directly towards and past the challenging defender, either earning a foul or getting around them.

What happens is, based on coding, the cpu understands where the ball should be and commits to that location. When you knock on you fool the cpu but they still commit to their chosen tackle location. It can be downright sillyat times, but hey, if you cant win, screw the cpu, they have no qualms screwing the user with toe pokes and 50/50 balls bouncing 90/10 in the cpu's favor...
Old 01-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I think I can handle "TeleBroadcast" ...

... but the orientation for "Broadcast" is too much for me (unless there is a sweet combination of height/zoom to help with that) ... I feel like the camera is too low, and that I am looking across the field (as opposed to looking down from above), and I really have trouble when the ball is on the far side of the field (this becomes the top of the screen) because it seems SO far away.

A question ... does height/zoom do anything when using TeleBroadcast? I tried 0/20, 20/20, 20/0, and 0/0 ... I really could not notice a difference between any of these extremes ...
Old 01-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I also use Tele Broadcast with Height = 12; Zoom = 16. I also cant handle the cam angle on Broadcast, even though I think it looks amazing to watch, but I may give it a go soon to keep things fresh.

Many of the Height and Zoom values are broken and do not do anything. Cam settings were broken *badly* in 14, and have been semi-fixed from what I remember for 15, but many settings still do do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

If you try the broadcast cam dropping a skill level helps ease the process of getting your brain around how the controller works under that cam setting.

I write that and yet I am still not sure how it works.

As it swivels, logically you would think your stick control would swivel with it.

Except it doesnt. But sometimes it does. But sometimes it doesnt. But sometimes it does.

So what I find is you need to back the cpu off with the skill level setting since under that cam, which does look amazing, because you lose some accuracy with your controller input.

Its like a lot of things in fifa, what works one time wont work again (even if you do the exact same thing on the controller) but when you do it again the 6th time it works but then not again until you do it the 15th time.

Dear EA, this is not adding "random" to the game the correct way. This is just wonky controls.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

I've resorted to using the co-op cam, which is the farthest away, because I find it is the only way I can complete any long passes. Any other cam and I'm just firing blind. I find it infuriating that there seems to be no good north-south cam.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I use TeleBroadcast (Height=12, zoom=18), it's the only cam that has felt natural to me. I've briefly tried other cams, but they are either too zoomed in to be useful for actual gameplay, or swivel/move around too much for my liking.

I firmly stand by the belief that the chosen camera option effects gameplay. BeAPro plays differently using the BeAPro cam vs a traditional side view cam IMO.

Last edited by Hutton; 01-19-2015 at 06:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »