Home

X-Men: Apocalypse

This is a discussion on X-Men: Apocalypse within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
X-Men: Apocalypse

Casting for the young Jean Grey, Cyclops and Storm are set.

http://variety.com/2015/legit/news/s...se-1201412640/

Quote:
Justin Kroll
Film Reporter
@krolljvar
Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan and Alexandra Shipp have joined the cast of Fox’s “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

Turner will play Jean Grey, Shipp will portray Storm, and Sheridan will play Cyclops.

Bryan Singer tweeted the news of the castings on Thursday.

Singer is directing. Plot details are unknown.

Singer had been testing actors and actresses for the last couple of weeks, and sources indicated that Sheridan blew Singer away early on.

Oscar Issac was previously cast as the titular villain in the comicbook movie. “X-Men” veterans Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Michael Fassebender will return for the next installment.

The pic bows on May 27, 2016.

Sheridan can be seen next in the Sundance pic “The Stanford Prison Experiment,” and Turner continues to appear on HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” Shipp can be seen next in “Straight Outta Compton.”

Sheridan is repped by WME and Mosaic, Turner by CAA and Independent Talent Group and Shipp by Osbrink Talent Agency and Elevate Entertainment.

Singer picked a great young cast. Most of us know about Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark of GoT and how great she is in that and I love the Cyclops cast, definitely has the look. He did great in Mud and hung with a great actor in McConaughey. Not familiar with Shipp but passes the visual test for me.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: X-Men: Apocalypse

What I don't understand is why they didn't go young to begin with. Isn't Apocalypse a chapter that happens later in their storyline?
Old 01-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
What I don't understand is why they didn't go young to begin with. Isn't Apocalypse a chapter that happens later in their storyline?
Its a way to use new actors so the franchise stays fresh and to use popular characters again since they already killed a few of them.

Still not a big fan of Lawrence as Mystique. Rebecca Romaijn was much better with alot more charisma.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Its a way to use new actors so the franchise stays fresh and to use popular characters again since they already killed a few of them.

Still not a big fan of Lawrence as Mystique. Rebecca Romaijn was much better with alot more charisma.
Missing Rebecca Romain and Halle Berry... but considering their celebrity and their ages, it was to be expected.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:15 AM   #5
MVP

Zer0xray's Arena

OVR: 10

I still don't know why they didn't have cyclops in first class. Isn't he supposed to be the older brother of the kid in first class? Sansa stark was a great casting... The other one is already better than halle berry and I don't know who she is

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 03:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I plan to see this one. I hope its better than the last one. I already have plans to buy this one on blu-ray.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #7
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0xray
I still don't know why they didn't have cyclops in first class. Isn't he supposed to be the older brother of the kid in first class? Sansa stark was a great casting... The other one is already better than halle berry and I don't know who she is

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I had an issue with it before but the movies are making up there own story and orgins of the characters and taking peices from the source material and I'm ok with that.

Majority of the people who watch the movie don't know the origin anyway so why be a slave to the source material if it doesn't serve the story you want to tell. Just make a good movie, that's all that should matter anyway.

Shipp looks great at storm, I hope they rock the mohawk storm in this one.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 01-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #8
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Don't know anything about the other two, but seems to be decent. Sophie Turner as Phoenix seems pretty spot on.

These last 2 X-men movies have kicked ***, so definitely looking forward to this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »