Home

From Half-Court and Beyond

This is a discussion on From Half-Court and Beyond within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
From Half-Court and Beyond

Is anyone else experiencing a large amount of buzzer beater shots made by the computer at the end of quarters/halves/games?

I'm not talking shots from the key or 3pt line...I am talking behind half court or further.

The computer is hitting one from this distance about once every 3 games. It is getting kind of weird...so I am wondering if it's a fluke, or if others are seeing it too.

Worst one was a full court, one-handed baseball throw, at the end of a game to have me lose by 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: From Half-Court and Beyond

72 views and no replies....sounds like it's just a fluke happening to me.
Bummer
Old 02-10-2015, 01:17 AM   #3
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Some have went in for me, but the CPU does it a bit more for some reason. They also make way more deep threes at the end of the shot clock.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #4
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

OVR: 0

It doesn't sound like you're referring to online play at all but if you were, I see at least 1 half-court shot made a day either from a CPU or real player, it's ridiculous. It could be a buzzer-beater or just a crazy shot in general.

Hell I've even made a few when I've taken them by accident (note that I'm saying a few and only when I take them by accident, which hardly ever happens).

I've also seen more than few full-court shots made both online and in MyCareer by CPU's. It's gotten to the point where it feels like if we don't get pressure on a half-court shooter and beyond then there's a decent chance the guy will hit the shot.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 02-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

I literally haven't seen any half court shots made by me or the computer so far, not even ones after the buzzer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

ive played 142 straight games so far and i havent seen cpu score once from beyond half court or even at half court
Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Yea sorry brother, it has actually never happened to me lol. Just dumb luck!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #8
Pro

I spoke about back end shot probabilities in another thread. There is something way off about them. Team shot 20% from down town with my player hitting 4 out of 5. Passing out of a double team or if a player doesn't move to his spot before passing it (he is just standing there) he will almost always miss it. Passed to the post out of pressure to a big with no one in front leads to a weird animation and a miss unless there is motion or a play. Shot clock beaters are super high probability even from very far even for my own teammates. Bigs miss dunks or layups if there is ANY kind of pressure from behind and never hit second chance points. CPU gobbling 10-15 more offensive boards repeatedly even when out of position.

I dominate on HOF losing a game every 15+. But a lot of times we outplay a team but can't hit long range shots unless there is movement. CPU simply double teams forcing you to pass so they miss. If you do the same on someone hot they sink the open shot. Not complaining, Im adding to the discussion with my theory that the calculations in the back end are off especially with certain releases. Play Clay Thompson and he couldn't shoot over 25% from down town but his tendencies forced him to zig zag and constantly shoot them. Yet John Wall won't miss even when I played WITH him at the All-Star game.

I can also call when the CPU will miss an open shot because of these glitches. If any player slides around a charge or walk bugs past you and takes the open shot, it's a definite miss. Lost to the Thunder last night because we beat them in FG% but shot 80% from down town. Was close until the end but couldn't go on a run because of constant double team pressure and back end probabilities forcing team mates to brick open shots. Don't want to win every game, I just want 2K to tweak difficulty to where good ball movement and smart offense causes a tough matchup. Not zig zag contested sinks, triple the second chance points and boards and forcing you to pass from pressure while your teammates miss the shot unless you're lucky enough to be running the play out before you're forced to pass it.

Had 5 dunks miss that were wide open by teammates due to players from one end of the court warp to their position. They don't get there in time but I feel the game is registering it as if they are there when they aren't. Blocks being caught through the body under the rim to instantly go up for 2 points also adds to calculations bring screwed with to enforce difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »