Home

PES 2016 Wishlist

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Wishlist within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 03:21 AM   #1
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
PES 2016 Wishlist

I think that with about six to eight months separating from PES 2016, it's time for a wishlist. If you have anything you want in the game to change/add, tell us here!
If anything, I'd like to start with Master League, since it hasn't been the major project this year with MyClub, I think KONAMI needs to work on the mode a lot.

So first of all, the serie A and B has to be fully licensed, along with some new leagues, such as The Belgian league and the portugese league
I would love seeing some presentation change, such as scoreboards
And for god's sake, new commentary!
I'm missing the big stadiums, like the camp nou and the bernabeu, so maybe having the national teams' stadiums licensed
And finally, better edit mode! With no option files for current gen, KONAMI has to give us the ability to make something, like the free drawer! And why not make a community sharing thing, like NBA 2k, madden and every other sports game

Now it's your turn to share your wishlist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2016 Wishlist

Besides everything you mentioned, proper foul calls would be fantastic. Fouls were patched last year, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for 2015.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed in terms of gameplay, but I won't even bother with those.

Presentation

The big elephant in the room for PES has always been presentation. The music is horrific (imo), the menus are bland, the score/replay bugs are generic, etc... They need a major overhaul in this department.

In terms of in-game presentation, there should never be a "pause" in the action. Whenever there's a corner kick, goal kick, or a replay is about to trigger, the game stops for a second, then the next scene loads. I always thought it was a ps3/360 problem, but this shouldn't exist on the current gen hardware. The games need to be as fluid as possible, just like a TV presentation.

Speaking of fluidity, the game clock should never stop when the ball is dead. This is one thing FIFA got right this year; whenever the ball is out of play in FIFA, the clock keeps ticking but in "real seconds," not the fast-paced simulated seconds. PES needs to implement this for 2016.

Stadiums

This was my biggest gripe this year. The fact that they didn't include the big ones like Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Stadio Olimpico, etc is one thing, but if licensing is an issue, then they should have at least implemented a lot more generic stadiums. I just can't play an EPL season with any other team but Man U and feel comfortable. I miss the ps2 days where they had Stamford Bridge, Highbury, Anfield, Artemio Franchi, Ennio Tardini, Delle Alpi, Velodrome, Parc des Princes, Stade Louis, etc... Those master league days are missed

Commentary

Jon Champion sounds terrible in this game, always has since he debuted in PES back in 08. Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking please!

Atmosphere

They're on the right track here, especially if you compare it to a few years ago. The chants are sounding better, but more is better. Scoring a goal in Italy or England should sound a lot different than scoring a goal in Spain. Also, they should amp up the noise for away fans, and section them off with empty seats and extra stewards, especially for Champions League.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:26 AM   #4
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I like your ideas, TexasFan2005. I agree with all of them(especially the lack of stadiums kills the presentation), but for me the commentary is made worse by Jim Beglin. His comments are starting to kill me, and a few of his lines/words sound like he's never read them before.

On top of the ideas mentioned here, I have a few to add, some are underlying improvements that would aid already requested items.

Better ball contact

Sometimes it's annoying when you replay that goal the cpu scored on you that was so good you couldn't get mad at it, just to find the ball didnt make contact with the players head or foot. This has killed immersion for me on a number of instances.

Player contact and animation

Fifa recently took a huge step forward in this, and I think it's imperative that PES does for PES 16. Player fouls in Fifa can look so amazing. The fouls in PES can also look good, but often look too robotic or faked. Players' limbs don't break, and there just isn't enough animations for a proper fall in PES.

Animations

I know I've mentioned it in another post somewhere. PES needs more animations. Sometimes players look foolish because they have no "in-between" animation. Goalies often look ridiculous when waiting to catch a ball. More animations, especially situational animations would lead to more realistic looking gameplay on all fronts.

Skill moves

Another area where Fifa generally wins. Skill moves in PES are not fun to control and pull off. There needs to be a few more of them as well. I think they need to tweak this from the ground up.

Master League

I haven't been active in PES these last few years, but Master League doesn't quite feel like what it used to. I would love an option to play in a Master League with all fictional players. I have not seen this option.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Realistic fouls like it was for post-patch PES 2014.

Deeper Master League.

"Remove The Rails" with the players movement.

Defensive Cursor Improvement. Sometimes when switching players, especially the last defensive line the cursor switches to the player that is further away from the ball. In that vein, have an option similar to FIFA in terms of cursor switching, "Air Balls" I think it is called.

More cut scenes of your manager that you create. Instead of having a generic looking bloke on the sideline. I want to see the person I created as manager roaming the sideline during the game. I know that this is possible, it was there for PES 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #6
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

African Teams

Better menu system in Master League/My Club

Option Files

Revamp of cutscenes/special events(when players are progressing)...they look pretty dated.

Better tackling system

Fully customizable camera

Strafe

full manual option so you dont have to hold L trigger
Old 03-07-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
African Teams

Better menu system in Master League/My Club

Option Files

Revamp of cutscenes/special events(when players are progressing)...they look pretty dated.

Better tackling system

Fully customizable camera

Strafe

full manual option so you dont have to hold L trigger
You can have full manual now, you have to go into the user settings (under system settings) and set to manual for shooting, and then turn down assist for passing to 0 bars.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a Wishlists only for the PC-Version:

No Hybrid Version like 2015er --> Plz a full port of XOne or PS4.
SteamOS/Linux Support ---> Yes, bring the game to Linux Community !!!
Vulcan and DirectX12 Support ---> Why not?

If the PC Version of PES 2016 wonŽt be a hybrid-version again, then I will buy it. If it will be a Hybrid-Version again, IŽll skip it again. Thats simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »