Home

Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15?

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15?

First off, let me state that I bought MLB The Show 14, and loved it. Great game. I played an offline franchise, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A deciding factor as to whether I'd buy '15 is whether or not the Onlline Franchise feature has been improved and could actually be enjoyable. Very little has been by Sony in terms any improvements to the Online Franchise feature. Does anyone have any insight or seen/heard anything as to whether it'll be improved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15?

They mentioned it briefly on a stream that they have been working hard to improve it for this year. That's about all I've heard so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

There's really no way to know how good the online is until you've got thousands of players on the servers at a time.

Your best bet is to wait till a week or two after release and see what people are saying about online then make your decision.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys...That's what I suspected since I hadn't heard anything in the "official" news. Wasn't sure if others were more tuned in than me Ever since the end of the NCAA franchise, I'm looking for a new game to fill my online franchise needs, and was hoping MLB would be able to do that...
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Not to derail the thread, but I hope offline franchise gets what online franchise had last year: custom divisions
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Not to derail the thread, but I hope offline franchise gets what online franchise had last year: custom divisions
I would hope that both online / offline(not really offline with stubs etc) would have the same features like custom divisions, stat tracking etc.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
First off, let me state that I bought MLB The Show 14, and loved it. Great game. I played an offline franchise, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A deciding factor as to whether I'd buy '15 is whether or not the Onlline Franchise feature has been improved and could actually be enjoyable. Very little has been by Sony in terms any improvements to the Online Franchise feature. Does anyone have any insight or seen/heard anything as to whether it'll be improved?
The feature set is the same as last year. The entire focus for online and the modes was improved stability and online gameplay.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The feature set is the same as last year. The entire focus for online and the modes was improved stability and online gameplay.
So safe to assume these are out??

Some of the more major needs
  • In the online franchise would like to to see the actual real MLB schedule including real off days.
  • The online franchise needs the 40 man roster added, player options added, waiver wire and the rule 5 draft in June.
  • The commissioner for online franchises need more flexibility when it comes to fixing teams in the online franchise when you happen to get a bad owner who decides to release players into the free agency and quits league. In MLB 14 there were some bad owners in leagues that did this leaving the commish noway fixing and getting team back to its original state. With salary cap issues, amount of money to spend to sign players etc made it really tough to sign the players released back. Maybe give the commissioner only a way to over ride transactions, signing players back at no cost?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »