Home

Haven't Played Since 2012: Are Issues Fixed?

This is a discussion on Haven't Played Since 2012: Are Issues Fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Haven't Played Since 2012: Are Issues Fixed?

Not sure which sub category to post to.

I've brushed this game to the side for the past couple of season. This series was my favorite video game series of all-time until too many bugs built up, and in my opinion, focus shifted to marketing/advertising rather than solid gameplay.

So I come back a few years later hopeful. To be honest, I don't remember all the issues, but I'll post a few to see if they've been fixed:

1. Franchise player progression?
I remember after a few years, superstar caliber players would load up the FA screen because teams would not have the need to resign them due to rapidly progressing youngsters. Has this been fixed?

2. Improper lineup construction
There were years past where teams would bat leadoff guys 4th and cleanup hitters leadoff.

3. Not recalling injured stars
In past games a star player would get hurt and when he was healthy not get called back to the majors. Is this still an issue?

4. RTTS Player Progression
I remember RTTS had issues with player progression constantly going back and fourth between starting and benching, RP & SP, etc. I

5. Pitch count issues
I remember never getting the yank in a game and throwing over 130 pitches.

So are these things fixed, and what are the big bugs now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Haven't Played Since 2012: Are Issues Fixed?

You should just watch some of the streams from the past few weeks.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
You should just watch some of the streams from the past few weeks.
Not a bad idea, but these issues are so old that them talking about recent changes likely won't address issues from the game that happened 3-4 years ago.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHitman14
Not a bad idea, but these issues are so old that them talking about recent changes likely won't address issues from the game that happened 3-4 years ago.

You could rent the game when it comes out? Or as the above poster said, the streams have been awesome so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 03-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHitman14
2. Improper lineup construction
Prior to starting your Franchise you have complete control over all 30 teams, who is on the 40-man roster, who makes the 25-man opening day roster, which pitchers make the starting rotation, what roles the various relief pitchers have, who is the closer, who are the positional players and what is the batting order against lefty and right handed pitchers as well as who is the DH for AL games. As long as you are willing to invest a few hours in your roster up front you can set it be anything that you want. Of course once the Franchise season begins, and when players need to be rested or players get injured, the game will adjust the lineups automatically and if you have 30 team control you can always override the games recommendations. With all that said, for the most part the game will try to keep the lineup as close to the base lineup you setup when you began your franchise with your base roster.

I only began playing MLB The Show with 2012, then 2013, 2014 and in less than a month I will get 2015. But as long as I have played "The Show", it's always worked this way.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-05-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

there are numerous streams available as well as different threads discussing different topics. I'm sure if you read through those and watch the videos, alot of your questions will be answered.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #7
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

To answer your questions and not tell you to watch stuff, yes those issues are fixed. 130 pitches lol I remember those days... if you have a pitcher with top stamina you MIGHT get away with 120ish but you have to be careful, usually around 100-110 you'll get rocked

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »