Home

Definitive Strat for RTTP

This is a discussion on Definitive Strat for RTTP within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay,

So I've done some testing now that I've progressed far enough into RTTP to match up against a deck where things are close, and I've worked out the most simple (and least difficult, co-incidentally) method for ensuring you can win every match.

First, a basic understanding is necessary of how the RTTP quarters are scored. If you win the "double" event, and lose the other three, you will outscore the computer in every quarter. If you can simply win just the "double" event in each quarter, you win the match.

You might be thinking that it's easier said than done since the double events have varying stat vs. stat matchups and because you have no control over which cards get assigned into each quarter. If you're thinking this, then you're wrong.

Every quarter you will get one random card from each of the position groups. In order to ensure that you can win the "double" round in each quarter, you need to ensure that one entire position group (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) is completely filled with max leveled cards that are either Pro for the tier you are playing in, or higher (except for the first finals round where you can simply have max level star cards and be fine).

By filling out one entire position with cards that fit this criteria, you always leave yourself a guaranteed top value card for the "double" round. Just having cards from the same tier (not pro) or even the tier below is enough to ensure a win paired with your chosen position cards, all the way up until the HoF round where you need to pair a Pro Star with at least a leveled up star (and a Pro Star if you want to play +7).

If you want to do +7 the entire way through the event, then you should stock two position groups with the necessary cards, to ensure that you can always put them together and win the "double" round.

Examples:

Epic tier - You need all 5 of the position of your choice to be Pro Epic fully leveled or better and at least an Ultra Rare to pair with it from a different position group. A leveled up UR or an epic from a different position group will ensure you don't get screwed by a bad "event" matchup.

Leg tier - You need all 5 of the position of your choice to be Pro Legendary fully leveled up, or better, and at least an Epic leveled up or a partially leveled Legendary in another position to ensure you win the double event.

Final (1st Star) - You need fully leveled Star or better for all 5 of your chosen position (fully leveled properly done pro legendary works also), and either a fully leveled pro epic or fully leveled Legendary in a 2nd position.

Final (HoF) - You will need Pro Stars for all five of your chosen position with at least leveled up stars/pro legendaries in the 2nd.

Support Cards - I recommend the highest +AllStat to team you can get along with the highest +Off to team you can get. These boosts apply to all 16 "rounds" of the RTTP game.

You can get by with your 2nd cards not being as leveled as I've suggested. The most important thing is to have one position group completely filled up with the top end cards for your deck. Having 5 Pro Legendary Centers fully leveled up should be enough to allow you to get all RTTP cards, although you will need to grind most of the event as you won't be able to +7 the whole time.

Having 5 Pro Stars leveled up in one position and 5 Pro Legendaries in another position will allow you to +7 your way through the entire RTTP and finish it in less than half the allotted time.

One final bit of advice. Since each game spits out 8 draft picks, it is most definitely worth it to kill the app at the draft board and re-load, and then once you have your 32-40 draft picks, you can go win a quick game and draft at your top possible tier.

I highly recommend doing this with your draft picks. My QC/RC deck is not quite into star, so normally I draft Legendary. When I started RTTP, my RTTP deck was just shy of epic, and I got an UR Support card as a board reset on like my 3rd board.

Then 29 RTTP wins later, I got an Epic reset card (a dupe which let me make a pro epic, but still), which was the point at which I decided it was worth it to save up the draft picks and use them at the proper tier.

I hope you will all find this useful as you grind through RTTP. Assuming you can at least fill a position group with Pro Epics or Legendaries leveled up, you should be able to get the Legendary card without much trouble. If you can fill a position with five Pro Legendaries leveled up, then you should get the first star card without much trouble, and you may be able to get the HoF card if you're willing to grind for it.

It may be a bit too late for folks to get the best reward they could get this time around, but you've got two weeks to get ready for the next one!

Any ideas on how to explain this more easily or improve upon it are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Re: Definitive Strat for RTTP

The Cliffnotes takeaway from this is that all you really need is 10 cards (5 each from two positions) at the level necessary for the reward you want to go for. The other 15 cards are largely irrelevant ... level them up and sell them on the AH or get dupes from the massive draft picks you'll get during RTTP.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:02 AM   #3
Rookie

RatedPalomo's Arena

I play at Epic+ Tier, but i got a Leg. Maybe your QG tier (i'm Leg+) still counts

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426917623.893383.jpg (178.2 KB, 796 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426917674.730314.jpg (178.2 KB, 809 views)

Last edited by RatedPalomo; 03-21-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:14 AM   #4
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Interesting. NWGD said that you would get a reset at the tier your RTTP deck was at. Perhaps they coded it to only account for your best 5 cards?

What do you think of the method to win every RTTP game?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
Interesting. NWGD said that you would get a reset at the tier your RTTP deck was at. Perhaps they coded it to only account for your best 5 cards?

I think you got it explained perfectly - just wish I had enough cards to do this (easily finished UR tier on +7, now struggling +2 in Epic!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #6
Rookie

RatedPalomo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce

I'm at Team KJ (epic+ tier) and as long as i win the doubles, i win the quarters and games.

At this time, i've won every +7 double using Epic Pro or Leg (no pros yet ) + UR Pro or Epic. Not sure if possible from Team Malone
Old 03-21-2015, 02:35 AM   #7
Pro

DaStreeb21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
I think you got it explained perfectly - just wish I had enough cards to do this (easily finished UR tier on +7, now struggling +2 in Epic!)
I am in the same exact boat. grinding on +2 epic after breezing through +7 all the way to here.

But great info Smartforce. I too figure out the save draft picks after about the first 2 or 3 games i played. def helps in the long run. i just wish i had enough credits or better cards to utilize this info the best i could.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 AM   #8
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedPalomo
I'm at Team KJ (epic+ tier) and as long as i win the doubles, i win the quarters and games.

At this time, i've won every +7 double using Epic Pro or Leg (no pros yet ) + UR Pro or Epic. Not sure if possible from Team Malone
Winning the "double" in each quarter should win you the games all the way up through Hakeem. The trick to doing it is having a position filled out with the necessary level cards, so that you can always be sure you have the points for the double.

For Ewing you will want leveled stars or leveled Pro Legs. For Hakeem you will need either Leveled Pro Star plus a leveled Leg, or a Leveled Star plus a Leveled Pro Leg. If you lack the Pro Stars, you may have to get Hakeem via +2 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »