Home

Final Game

This is a discussion on Final Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Final Game

So I decided to not play MLB 14 all day tomorrow in order to add to the hype of getting MLB 15. Since I knew I wouldn't be playing any, I got one last game in on it tonight.

I did two completely random teams, and ended up doing Rays vs. Rangers in Arlington. I wanted to be away, so I went with the Rays and had one heck of a game. I ended up taking a perfect game into the 8th inning with Price. Sadly I gave up a hit, but it was intense. He went through all 9 for me, but since I suck at hitting I hadn't scored either. The game went 14 innings until I hit a homer to left that literally scraped over the wall. Bottom of the 14th, I brought in Balfour to close it out. Gave up two straight hits with no one out and got worried, but pushed through it. Got a pop up and then two straight K's to win it.

Truly an awesome way to finish out MLB 14. Got me even more hyped to play 15. Tomorrow will be a struggle to not play, but definitely don't plan to. Anyone doing anything similar or have a similar game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Final Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
So I decided to not play MLB 14 all day tomorrow in order to add to the hype of getting MLB 15. Since I knew I wouldn't be playing any, I got one last game in on it tonight.

I did two completely random teams, and ended up doing Rays vs. Rangers in Arlington. I wanted to be away, so I went with the Rays and had one heck of a game. I ended up taking a perfect game into the 8th inning with Price. Sadly I gave up a hit, but it was intense. He went through all 9 for me, but since I suck at hitting I hadn't scored either. The game went 14 innings until I hit a homer to left that literally scraped over the wall. Bottom of the 14th, I brought in Balfour to close it out. Gave up two straight hits with no one out and got worried, but pushed through it. Got a pop up and then two straight K's to win it.

Truly an awesome way to finish out MLB 14. Got me even more hyped to play 15. Tomorrow will be a struggle to not play, but definitely don't plan to. Anyone doing anything similar or have a similar game?
It wasn't my final game, but the last game I can ever remember playing on PS3 was on The Show 14. I threw a perfect game with Greinke against the Nats! First time I have ever thrown a no-hitter on The Show (been playing since '11).

His final line looked something like this: 9.0 innings pitched, 0 runs, 0 earned runs, 0 walks, 5 k's.

Ended up winning 4-0.

I was just about to get my PS4 so I kinda knew it was one of the final games I was gonna play on my PS3 and I really wanted to have that as my swan song on the console. But I just couldn't resist going back for a bit more haha.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I played my final MLB 14 game yesterday (Sunday). It was a throw away Spring Training game at The Porch using a modified 2015 OSFM roster set between myself with the Rockies against the Dodgers and I lost the game 6-4. But I still had fun. I know MLB 15 will be the better game, but I want to thank MLB 14 for the good times.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I played my final MLB 14 game yesterday (Sunday). It was a throw away Spring Training game at The Porch using a modified 2015 OSFM roster set between myself with the Rockies against the Dodgers and I lost the game 6-4. But I still had fun. I know MLB 15 will be the better game, but I want to thank MLB 14 for the good times.
Yep. Every year since 2K10 (Hey, I only had a 360 until 2012) I've been playing a farewell game, usually Cubs/Cardinals. 14, we had some great times together, we did.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913

No my friend I am finishing off my yr 1 franchise with the Braves. I hv 4 gms remaining. Not making the playoffs by 1-2 GB of a WC slot. The only thing I'm doing different is not editing the Phillies home colors as usual. 162 games complete, transfer save file to 15' with me starting the off season....

Maybe you watch streams on the PS4 all day. Good luck with your plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
Banned

Corymach7's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sticking with MLB 14: The Show until further notice on relocation of franchises. It's going to have to happen or I'll boycott this franchise for good. Same with using existing players as well, not just creating them for the career modes.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #7
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
I'm sticking with MLB 14: The Show until further notice on relocation of franchises. It's going to have to happen or I'll boycott this franchise for good. Same with using existing players as well, not just creating them for the career modes.
What are you talking about?
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #8
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I am in the middle of my RttS' 2019 season. I wanted to try and finish the season before tonight but it's just so many games to try and get to. I don't sim any games except the last two weeks of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
Wha....??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »