Home

MLB 15 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 04:21 AM   #1
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
MLB 15 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS3)

SCEA showed dedication to the PS3 version, they didn't abandon it and many community members are still on the last gen Sony console. That said, let's hear their impressions of the new MLB 15 The Show on PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS3)

Tbh I didn't really follow the info of this year's game as I had already decided not to buy yet a PS4. After checking the fact sheet a month ago I was delighted. Yes SCEA practically supports the game on PS3 with core improvements almost in every department.
After some limited play my initial impressions are as follows:

- Believe it or not graphics are improved. Shadows, lighting and overall quality is improved. There are less jaggies and everything looks more crispy and lifelike. The new menus ingame and main menus are responsive and well designed.
- Fielding is a joy and for the first time I may try a franchise without auto fielding.
- Batting is way more difficult this year and I didn't even touch the sliders.
- Pitching is also more difficult than 14 version. I had to raise consistency to 8 but the truth is that pitching is not my strength.
- QC mechanic is improved.
- I'm still trying to figure the directional hitting as I don't know if I have to keep the L stick pressed right or left/up and down to influence the hit direction like MVP 2005 or do I have to just press it once in the direction and "lock" the influence. If you don't influence the hit is just the old good timing hitting.
- I sense also a variation in hitting. It seems to me that the field is "bigger" and the ball could land anywhere. Need to play more games though.
- Frame rate is good with occasional drops when the bases are fully loaded.
- I have yet to test franchise improvements.
- I'm not so much into gear, official equipment, shoes etc so I can't really comment about all these.

That's all for now. I'll come back with more impressions after some decent amount of games.
If someone's still on the fence getting the new MLB 15 PS3 version my opinion is clear even after some limited play: It's totally worth it.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Tbh I didn't really follow the info of this year's game as I had already decided not to buy yet a PS4. After checking the fact sheet a month ago I was delighted. Yes SCEA practically supports the game on PS3 with core improvements almost in every department.
After some limited play my initial impressions are as follows:

- Believe it or not graphics are improved. Shadows, lighting and overall quality is improved. There are less jaggies and everything looks more crispy and lifelike. The new menus ingame and main menus are responsive and well designed.
- Fielding is a joy and for the first time I may try a franchise without auto fielding.
- Batting is way more difficult this year and I didn't even touch the sliders.
- Pitching is also more difficult than 14 version. I had to raise consistency to 8 but the truth is that pitching is not my strength.
- QC mechanic is improved.
- I'm still trying to figure the directional hitting as I don't know if I have to keep the L stick pressed right or left/up and down to influence the hit direction like MVP 2005 or do I have to just press it once in the direction and "lock" the influence. If you don't influence the hit is just the old good timing hitting.
- I sense also a variation in hitting. It seems to me that the field is "bigger" and the ball could land anywhere. Need to play more games though.
- Frame rate is good with occasional drops when the bases are fully loaded.
- I have yet to test franchise improvements.
- I'm not so much into gear, official equipment, shoes etc so I can't really comment about all these.

That's all for now. I'll come back with more impressions after some decent amount of games.
If someone's still on the fence getting the new MLB 15 PS3 version my opinion is clear even after some limited play: It's totally worth it.

Thanks fearwhat for representing the ps3 users with your thoughts.
Was there a patch?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Thanks fearwhat for representing the ps3 users with your thoughts.
Was there a patch?
Yes there was a day one patch (65mb approx. if I remember well). I suppose it's the same as the PS4 version. As I haven't followed any dev diary I still don't know if the gameplay between the 2 versions is identical.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

just picked the ps3 version.will give my thoughts as well.I'll try thr y2y save of a mlb 14 franchise to 15 and see how it transfers.I'll try it with mlb 14 still in 14 franchise spring training and one with mlb 14 at franchise season end but before going to offseason because players may be retired and you can't get them to export to the 15 roster.give me an hour or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Awesome! Going to go pick up my copy on ps3 in just a little bit!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Rookie

cbnj06's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for your insight! Thankfully, Im not the only one that is still playing the Show on PS3. Eventually I'll upgrade to PS4 but for the time being I'm going to enjoy the ps3 as long as i can. Picking up the game today. Can't wait!

Ill post some impressions later about the equipment, uniforms, etc.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mine will be delivered today too so I'll give some thoughts after I play a few games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »