Home

Legend default

This is a discussion on Legend default within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Legend default

Plays awesome. You really have to dig in and concentrate on every play. You truly pay for mistakes on this level. Intense is what it is too. Plus it's so much more rewarding. People should give it a try. I am by no means skilled enough to win consistently on legend yet. I understand there are those who prefer more of a competitive balance. But there is just something about getting into every pitch and at bat on this level. You got to be pinpoint in everything you do. Hardly any margin for error just like the pros. And there really is no need to tweak any sliders, except maybe for the pitcher stamina. I really believe this is the mode the Show is meant to be played on and to get the most out of the game. After all, isn't the Show where legends are made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Legend default

This is what I've been doing also. All Star is just too easy for me. Default legend plays like a dream.

I had Matt Harvey throw a perfect game against me and I won another game 10-7. I've lost 8-2. I've won close games like 2-0, 2-1, 4-2. I've lost close games just the same. It's nice and varied and a challenge each game.

EDIT: I'm using meter pitching, zone hitting, button throwing.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

I completely agree!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
Pro

I might have to chime in on this thread and possibly second that motion because I tried playing on All-Star with TNK and Perfect slider sets but when I saw this thread I said okay I will give it a try.

I was actually able to get some hits on Legend with default sliders and my RTTS teammates seem to be more active even though I boosted their ratings due to poor performance and me having to carry the team in RTTS but they seem to be performing better.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Any updates on legend progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #6
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Any updates on legend progress?
My sliders showcase pitching on legend difficulty if you want to check them out
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #7
Banned

Wow, legend is the way to go.

The gameplay is pretty solid. I went from All-Star hitting (with decent results, but nothing amazing)/HOF pitching (with pretty solid results), and I just put everything up to Legend and it is awesome.

I just won a game, 3-1 as the Cubs over the Padres. I had 5 hits, 1 BB, 9 K's. Padres had 7 hits, 3 BB's, 9 K's.

Montero went 2-2, with a 2B, HR, and a BB.

The gameplay just felt so good. Challenging the entire time, but I really stepped up to the level of the competition.

Usually, when I hit, I get complacent and start swinging too much, and swinging at certain spots too often.

I was forced to really think through my at-bats. It was great.

Pitching was the same way. I really had to earn my K's.

I recommend this for everyone.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't normally go all out but I did and wow it was great! I played a Live game as the Mets against the Orioles! Baltimore beat me 4-0.. It really did feel good and very competitive at the same time. My brain hurts cause I was sitting almost on top of my 55" TV trying to concentrate!! Lol

Orioles. 4 10 0
Mets. 0 4 0

They had no walks and 3 K's, I had 1 walk and 13 K's.. The score was 2-0 going into the 9th but they got some hits and opened it to 4-0. I need to work on my plate discipline. I have a problem chasing and watching the good ones sail by. But I thought I did really well for the most part on Legend..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »