Home

My Madden 16 Wish-list Of New Features and Improvements

This is a discussion on My Madden 16 Wish-list Of New Features and Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
My Madden 16 Wish-list Of New Features and Improvements

I am an avid Madden player and I always try my best to enjoy the game. I know Madden has been no where near perfect ever since the next gen versions of the game came out, but I feel the game has lots of potential and it has a decent base to go off. With that in mind, I do wish that Madden can be improved further and I wish the EA would take our thoughts into consideration before putting out Madden 16. So without further ado, here is my wish-list of things that I hope to be added into Madden 16 as well as things that can be improved:

Scouting Combine For Connected Franchise
When I say scouting combine, I mean for both the player mode and for the owner/coach mode. For player mode, I don't like the idea of picking your team and then just playing games. In my opinion, I feel like this was a bit of laziness on EA's part. I liked how in Madden 07 they had the scouting combine where your created player would go through all the drills that NFL draft prospects go through such as 40-yard dash, bench press, shuttle run, vertical jump, etc. I feel that when I played superstar mode on Madden 07, that is the one I enjoyed the most because it felt like I was in the shoes of a college prospect preparing for the NFL draft, which is how the mode should be.

As far as the owner/coach mode portion of connected franchise goes, I don't like the system they have for scouting players. It just feels kinda boring to me that I don't get to test these players through the scouting combine drills. Rather, I pay scouting points to have the game tell me what the ratings are. That is not fun to me. In previous games, they had this option and when the NFL draft came, they would should the prospect's 40-yard time, bench press and everything else. I think its a more realistic experience to the draft if they formatted it like this rather. I know how much everyone loves the draft (as do I), so why not work on realism when it comes to scouting for the draft? The draft experience itself seems ok to me. I think it is sufficient enough to give a bit of a realistic experience, but it would still be a cool addition if they showed maybe the top 10 picks standing by the commissioner and maybe even the commissioner announcing the names of the picks.

Create-A-Draft Class
This is one I would love to see in particular. Honestly, I was not a fan of importing draft classes from NCAA because even though they had the names of the real players, there was always problems. I noticed in several situations where they put pictures of players that didn't even look like them and I saw several of the same pictures for more than one player, which makes absolutely no sense. Also, I did have problems with age. For some reason, they made a lot of the prospects 24 or 25 years old which was really frustrating. I just didn't like importing the classes because it didn't feel realistic enough for me. So rather than importing draft classes, why not have an option to create your own players and put them in your own custom draft class? I know there are a lot of players in the draft, so if someone doesn't want to create 200+ players, the player can just create the players they want and then maybe the game can have a system where it randomly generates random players for the rest of the draft class. This is just my thought on how it can work and I know there is probably a better way to execute this idea, but in general, I would love to see this feature in the game.

Create-A-Team
Self explanatory. I loved in the older games being able to create my own team, make them a cupcake team, then rebuild them in franchise mode. This was always something I did in Madden and it frustrated me when they took this out. It didn't make sense to me that they would take out a feature they've had in almost every single Madden game out of nowhere. So bring this back EA. I'm sure everyone would agree with me here. They can format it similar to the team builder in NCAA. I want to have full customization of the uniforms, the stadium details, and anything else.

Improve WR/DB Interaction
Not much to be said here. Man coverage is still broken and I feel like WRs always have the advantage. If I have a corner like Patrick Peterson or any of the other top corners in the league, I shouldn't expect to see some average that has an Overall of 80 or less beat out a corner with a rating of 90+ for over 100 yards in a game. That shouldn't happen. Period.

Improve CPU AI Playcalling
I've had games where I was up by 4 in the 4th quarter with like 1 minute left and the computer has the ball. They need a touchdown and they have no timeouts. What do they do? They run the ball. Not logical obviously. Needs to be fixed. That is a huge bug that is very irritating. I don't wanna win because of the AI bug. Fix this.

Those are some of the major things I came up with. I am a player who honestly doesn't care for presentation much, just gameplay. I don't care how good the presentation is. If the gameplay isn't good, then I can't enjoy it. That just goes without saying. Enough of focusing on presentation EA. It's time to start fixing the gameplay. Those are my thoughts. What do you guys think Madden 16 should have or what do you believe should be improved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My Madden 16 Wish-list Of New Features and Improvements

Good ideas. Personally, the single most important thing that I think they should put back in the game is formation subs (or situational depth charts). I want to be able to set my kickoff return blockers, coverage teams, goal line/short yardage back, blocking TEs, slot WR, etc. I also want them to give us back the option to have a DB shadow a specific receiver throughout the game.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

7 years online shop for selling cheap jerseys.The NFL Jersey's price just $18.99~
The best quality jerseys and the best service:www.efljerseys****
Old 04-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I like the Draft Class idea. I think if they do this they need to let us add in award history to the players and stats over their Careers in school. And all this shows up in our scouting of the players. Plus I would love to see players award history and the team each player plays for when we look at his stats in his career. Meaning when a player wins a Superbowl it should show in his award history along with the year it was won. They should talk about that QB whom ever the player is and how he has won 2 Superbowls in his early career with said team. Or if any player moves to other team and is Playing his former team they should say how it all happen for him and what round he was drafted.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

I know they aren't going to change much on the last gen console, but I hope CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise returns. I also hope stadiums get updated. Like the Patriots and Browns new logo on the end zones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Is there already a long running wishlist thread?
Old 04-25-2015, 03:20 AM   #7
Just started!

yes,Is there already a long running wishlist thread?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Rookie

There's a lot of little things I think EA could do:

•Somehow enable the user to play players at a certain position at any other position that the user chooses on connected franchise. Not just the positions similar to the original position (i.e. CB to WR)

•Make crowd, sideline, field, and crowd noise more realistic

•Stop giving every black rookie dreads in connected franchise

•Don't give all rookies the same equipment. The O-line shouldn't have skill position helmets, facemasks, etc in connected franchise.

•Lower CPU QB accuracy when the QB is actually bad

•Give running backs a little more acceleration so that they can actually hit a hole

•Let defensive players actually make catches sometimes, or at least when they're completely uncontested interceptions

•More variance among the amount of players projected to go in a certain draft. For example, this last draft, only Mariota and Winston when in the first few rounds. In madden, As many as 15 QBs may go in the entire draft! And this is a regular occurrence as well.

•Also, positions like TE, and C should have a lot less percentage of going in the top 10 than other positions. For example, I'm my last madden draft, a C went first overall. Other times, a TE has gone first overall. While I don't think madden should make it impossible for them to go so high, they should at least make the player really really good, cause those positions rarely make it in the top 10 in reality

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »