Home

What's your CFMteam of choice for Madden '16 this? Home, rebuild, or relocation?

This is a discussion on What's your CFMteam of choice for Madden '16 this? Home, rebuild, or relocation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
What's your CFMteam of choice for Madden '16 this? Home, rebuild, or relocation?

So, the draft is approaching us soon, and Madden and Madden ‘16 news will hopefully be yet upon us again rather quickly.

This is probably a better question to ask AFTER the draft is said and done (and maybe this thread can be used for who you will play as after the draft as well), but it’s still fun to get speculate who your main CFM team might will be for the upcoming season, especially if you have an idea of the 1st round, and possibly 2nd round picks for each team, taking a look at some mock draft picks for rounds one and two, the closer we get to draft day.

I used to always play as my home team (the Saints), but in the last couple years I’ve found it more fun to most of my time building up a team, rather than playing as a good team from the get-go. Rebuilding is fun, but some of the teams that need rebuilding can actually be quite fun to play with as well, especially teams with good (or yet to be seen in real life), young talent to work on. Teams like the Raiders can be fun as well in the rebuilding process, with older talent, but some key young pieces starting to form.

One team I believe that can be a blast is the Jags with its young talent on the offensive side of the ball. The defense needs building up badly, with some key talented players already in place on that side of the ball as well. After the draft, they could be a lot more fun to play with.

With that said, I believe I'll be playing as the Jaguars mainly in Madden '16 in CFM this season, and think they will be a really fun team to build up. If current real life draft mocks are any indication, most have the Jags in the first round taking an OLB in Dante Fowler Jr., DE in Leonard Williams, or possibly a WR in Amari Cooper or Kevin White. I've read they may try and pick up someone like Todd Gurley in the second round, but I'm not so sure he'll be there, but that be great fun if so.

They arguably need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball now in the first round and second round, rather than more firepower on offense (they do need a good RB and some key o-line pickups though, imo... not to mention a FS at some point real quick).
I think playing with the Jag's offense with say, an Amari Cooper or Kevin White, Allen Robinson, and Marqise Lee, and now, especially with Julius Thomas at TE, would be a blast with Bortles behind the helm in a young CFM (even better if they somehow get Gurley). Still need to build a bit on that o-line though.

Either way, no matter who they pick, they look to be a fun team to build up, with some key positions need upgrading in real life early in the draft, and in a Madden '16 CFM as well. It'll take another draft or two, but I think they show some promise for a fun CFM. This is probably not be a popular opinion, but if they can work on that o-line, and Bortles comes through, I can also see them doing better than most think in the future, in real life. I know, but they are the Jags, but that is my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how they unfold, no doubt though.

So anyway, those are my plans, but which team do YOU plan mainly focusing on in your CFM this upcoming season? Your home team, another team, possibly a relocation team? Or will you try and mix time as much equal time in between two different teams? Or do you plan on waiting until after the draft before thinking on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What's your CFMteam of choice for Madden '16 this? Home, rebuild, or relocation?

Good question, I will have to think about it. Off the top of my head, whoever drafts Mariota, cause I like Oregon
Old 04-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What's your CFMteam of choice for Madden '16 this? Home, rebuild, or relocation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
So, the draft is approaching us soon, and Madden and Madden ‘16 news will hopefully be yet upon us again rather quickly.

This is probably a better question to ask AFTER the draft is said and done (and maybe this thread can be used for who you will play as after the draft as well), but it’s still fun to get speculate who your main CFM team might will be for the upcoming season, especially if you have an idea of the 1st round, and possibly 2nd round picks for each team, taking a look at some mock draft picks for rounds one and two, the closer we get to draft day.

I used to always play as my home team (the Saints), but in the last couple years I’ve found it more fun to most of my time building up a team, rather than playing as a good team from the get-go. Rebuilding is fun, but some of the teams that need rebuilding can actually be quite fun to play with as well, especially teams with good (or yet to be seen in real life), young talent to work on. Teams like the Raiders can be fun as well in the rebuilding process, with older talent, but some key young pieces starting to form.

One team I believe that can be a blast is the Jags with its young talent on the offensive side of the ball. The defense needs building up badly, with some key talented players already in place on that side of the ball as well. After the draft, they could be a lot more fun to play with.

With that said, I believe I'll be playing as the Jaguars mainly in Madden '16 in CFM this season, and think they will be a really fun team to build up. If current real life draft mocks are any indication, most have the Jags in the first round taking an OLB in Dante Fowler Jr., DE in Leonard Williams, or possibly a WR in Amari Cooper or Kevin White. I've read they may try and pick up someone like Todd Gurley in the second round, but I'm not so sure he'll be there, but that be great fun if so.

They arguably need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball now in the first round and second round, rather than more firepower on offense (they do need a good RB and some key o-line pickups though, imo... not to mention a FS at some point real quick).
I think playing with the Jag's offense with say, an Amari Cooper or Kevin White, Allen Robinson, and Marqise Lee, and now, especially with Julius Thomas at TE, would be a blast with Bortles behind the helm in a young CFM (even better if they somehow get Gurley). Still need to build a bit on that o-line though.

Either way, no matter who they pick, they look to be a fun team to build up, with some key positions need upgrading in real life early in the draft, and in a Madden '16 CFM as well. It'll take another draft or two, but I think they show some promise for a fun CFM. This is probably not be a popular opinion, but if they can work on that o-line, and Bortles comes through, I can also see them doing better than most think in the future, in real life. I know, but they are the Jags, but that is my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how they unfold, no doubt though.

So anyway, those are my plans, but which team do YOU plan mainly focusing on in your CFM this upcoming season? Your home team, another team, possibly a relocation team? Or will you try and mix time as much equal time in between two different teams? Or do you plan on waiting until after the draft before thinking on it?
I don't think the saints will be good. Outside of Brees their offense has taken a few steps back with Graham being traded. Josh Hill has good physical abilities but he needs development. Mark Ingram is a steady back but not really a playmaker. Brandon Cooks can be a Reggie Bush type but he's little and still needs work in the passing game. Their line has several holes now. If they pick up a successor to Brees I might consider using them. I feel like their inrebuilding mode. Haven't really used them much since the days of Deuce, Joe, and Aaron. I've still got a signed Boo Williams card somewhere.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

The Bucs & my good ol' Jets.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Nobody if they don't make some major improvements to the game this year. Like if they fix the sack issue, that would be a good start. I can't see spending money on another Madden that just keeps having glaring issues every year that they refuse to fix. Overall I liked 15 except for the sack issue, and no cpu vs cpu, or true coach mode yet again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Nobody if they don't make some major improvements to the game this year. Like if they fix the sack issue, that would be a good start. I can't see spending money on another Madden that just keeps having glaring issues every year that they refuse to fix. Overall I liked 15 except for the sack issue, and no cpu vs cpu, or true coach mode yet again.
They need to fix that for sure. Also the Tackle Stats they suck. Assisted Tackles are still broken.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Man I'm looking to make it all better in Oakland. K.Mack and D.Carr is my build Around to get them to the Superbowl.I love my Redbirds to Death and may go with them as well.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb33
They need to fix that for sure. Also the Tackle Stats they suck. Assisted Tackles are still broken.
That drives me crazy too. If assisted tackles aren't gonna work then just take the stat out of the game, but I would rather have them work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »