Home

The Ratings Guide

This is a discussion on The Ratings Guide within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3
The Ratings Guide

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the ratings guide/sheet guys are using. I remember seeing it posted somewhere but be damned if I can find it. It figured out what the ratings equal in real numbers. Like an 86 equaled a .280 average, 90 power equaled 32 homers, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Ratings Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyd
Hey guys,

I'm looking for the ratings guide/sheet guys are using. I remember seeing it posted somewhere but be damned if I can find it. It figured out what the ratings equal in real numbers. Like an 86 equaled a .280 average, 90 power equaled 32 homers, etc.
It isn't quite that simple. Some of the ratings are intertwined. A guy with 90 power and low contact/low vision will hit less homers than a guy with 90 power and high contact/high vision. There are some quirks to be aware of and some of the ratings behave more linearly than others in producing stats.

The ratings spreadsheet has been made private so that there's less likelihood of people "scooping" OSFM and putting a fake product out under that name. I don't curate this spreadsheet, but I'd imagine that it might be made available later on and after OSFM comes out.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

Crap..I like to create me and some friends but don't want to "over-roid" anybody to make it unfair. Guess I'll do it the slow way.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah i also search a toll to Do the Rating thing on my own... I remember There was one i Used years ago... IT was an Excel Sheet and you could tipe in real live stats of Players and it gives you Good Ratings and you could tipe in a Lot!!!! But i donT find IT either
Old 04-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

This is an old sheet from Knight (not the sheet with actual ratings that was made private, that was made by someone else). Like WTNY it's not necessarily all that simple, a lot of ratings really play off each other. At least it should provide a little general guidance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CNnCq9kH#gid=0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

Cool! That's all I needed, a rough guide. Doesn't have pitchers though, unless I missed it.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyd
Cool! That's all I needed, a rough guide. Doesn't have pitchers though, unless I missed it.
I think this is the full one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »