Home

Starting Pitcher stamina in playoffs

This is a discussion on Starting Pitcher stamina in playoffs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #1
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9
Starting Pitcher stamina in playoffs

Not sure if it's an issue with the game or intended to be there, but my starters stamina does not seem to be recovering properly in franchise mode playoffs. One particular starter pitched 90 pitches and 7 days later still was about 75-80% recovered. The game makes it tough to even run a 4 man rotation in the playoffs. I've noticed the CPU is affected in the same manner. Is this something weird or supposed to be this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Starting Pitcher stamina in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles367
Not sure if it's an issue with the game or intended to be there, but my starters stamina does not seem to be recovering properly in franchise mode playoffs. One particular starter pitched 90 pitches and 7 days later still was about 75-80% recovered. The game makes it tough to even run a 4 man rotation in the playoffs. I've noticed the CPU is affected in the same manner. Is this something weird or supposed to be this way?
I haven't reached the playoff stage at this time. What I have noticed during the regular season pertains to my relief pitchers. I used three relief pitchers in one game (full energy), pitching one third of an inning. Two pitchers threw two pitches and the other three pitches. The game was on a Sunday. Next day, Monday, was an off day. Looking at my relief pitchers on Tuesday, the three of them did not have full energy.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9

Hmm that is interesting. I'm starting to wonder if the game doesn't account for off days in regards to pitcher energy/stamina. Seems to work properly for position players but not the pitchers.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles367
Hmm that is interesting. I'm starting to wonder if the game doesn't account for off days in regards to pitcher energy/stamina. Seems to work properly for position players but not the pitchers.
I will keep an eye on it and see how things go. You can do the same and not just after an off day. Check it for relief pitchers. I haven't noticed an issue with starting pitchers in regular season.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Orion2012's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I haven't reached the playoff stage at this time. What I have noticed during the regular season pertains to my relief pitchers. I used three relief pitchers in one game (full energy), pitching one third of an inning. Two pitchers threw two pitches and the other three pitches. The game was on a Sunday. Next day, Monday, was an off day. Looking at my relief pitchers on Tuesday, the three of them did not have full energy.
I've noticed the relief pitchers as well, but I think I see very little loss of stamina when used successive days in low pitch situations. I'll use Watson against LHB 2-3 days in a row, and his stamina will remain around 80%. If I sit him for a day it'll only go up to around 85%.

You mentioned Sunday then off-day and play again Tuesday. So Monday was a travel day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
I've noticed the relief pitchers as well, but I think I see very little loss of stamina when used successive days in low pitch situations. I'll use Watson against LHB 2-3 days in a row, and his stamina will remain around 80%. If I sit him for a day it'll only go up to around 85%.

You mentioned Sunday then off-day and play again Tuesday. So Monday was a travel day?
I just looked and it was a travel day, but not far, from LA to San Francisco.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

While waiting for OSFM this year I did a playoff "mini-game" and had the same issue. I got to Game 5 and Lester was only around 60% after 5 days rest.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Please submit a bug report for this, I'd hate to see this not get fixed in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »