Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour will feature three distinct gameplay styles, ranging from Arcade to Classic as well as new ball physics according to a new blog released by EA Sports today.

The three types of play are arcade, classic, and tour.

Quote:

Arcade - This style uses a simple analog swing mechanic that is familiar for to those who have played previous games in the versions of PGA TOUR franchise. The length of your backswing determines the power of your shot, while keeping your swing on plane will affects accuracy.

Additionally, aids like power boost, spin, and an aiming arc will help make this style the most accessible. It’s like slipping right back into a comfortable, broken-in pair of golf spikes.

Classic - Remember how you used to push the “A Button” back in the day to set the power, then tap it again to lock in accuracy? Classic controls bring those days back, using a 3-Click meter to determine how far your shot goes and how accurate you hit it.

However, this isn’t some rookie mode though, you’ve got to get the timing just right to hit the perfect shot. You also can’t add spin after the fact, so if the ball starts veering off-line you’ll just have to be ready to deal with the consequences.

Tour - The true pros will want to try out the Tour control scheme, as it feels the closest to the real thing. The length of your backswing and the speed of the follow-through set the power, while accuracy is determined by how straight a line you make with the analog stick.

There are no assists such as spin, zoom and aiming arc. Just you, the club and the ball.

The blog also goes on to detail other important gameplay changes, as well as explaining how you can customize your gameplay style by combining the three above. Check out all of the changes on EA's website.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love golf but its the same mechanics as the Tiger games. I don't think it will be a buy for me.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

Good to know there's 3 different control types, and the ability for the player to make their own settings combining elements of the three. That, to me is perfect.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis20870
I love golf but its the same mechanics as the Tiger games. I don't think it will be a buy for me.

I'm confused, what else do you want? It's the same mechanics as in TGC really as well. You pull back, then push forward. Both games are the same in that regard, although EA's is going to include the old 3 click as well. I'm not sure what else you expected in that department?
Old 04-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Great options. Looking forward to this. Can't wait to see dynamic real time cameras...hopefully!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I initially had no interest in this being such a huge fan of TGC but after seeing the features and graphics I will be buying this day 1.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I know this is a small thing but why does the club head in EA Golf games have to look so big?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I know this is a small thing but why does the club head in EA Golf games have to look so big?
I'm sure it has alot to do with the fact that they are licensed clubs, and they want to (or have to) show off the brands and unique styles of the clubs.

They don't look as big as the used to in my opinion either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »