Home

End of Season Rivalry Games

This is a discussion on End of Season Rivalry Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
End of Season Rivalry Games

When I rearrange conferences, it messes with end of season rivalry games and can be super frustrating. Example: Made the Big Ten the original Big Ten, no conference champ game (10 teams, pre-Penn State addition) and the Ohio State-Michigan game is the 2nd to last game every season now, not the last. Indiana & Purdue play mid-season. It seems like the game schedules rivalry games the 2nd to last week of the season and then puts a random game the last game. Same happens with UF-FSU, UGA-GT, etc. Anybody have a way to solve this? I want to keep traditional rivalries as the last game of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: End of Season Rivalry Games

Michigan and Ohio state always is week 14 for me with week 15 a bye. Army and Navy are the only game for week 15, unless you put Army and Navy in the same conference, then it eliminates week 15. I actually did a fantasy draft with the conferences so they were all different and Mich-OSU was always week 14 no matter what.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzybear
Michigan and Ohio state always is week 14 for me with week 15 a bye. Army and Navy are the only game for week 15, unless you put Army and Navy in the same conference, then it eliminates week 15. I actually did a fantasy draft with the conferences so they were all different and Mich-OSU was always week 14 no matter what.
They still are week 14 for me too, but then they have another game week 15. Do you have champ games in all conferences? In mine (tried several dynasties) it seems that the conferences with no champ game continue play through week 15 (with rivalry games in week 14 still), while those that do have a champ game play through week 14. I have never been able to get just Army & Navy alone in week 15. How did you do your conferences/scheduling?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #4
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

If OSU/Michigan have a conference game scheduled for Week 15, maybe take a look at when you have conference games beginning. If it's week 4 or 5, change it to week 1 or 2. If it's already set at Week 1 or 2, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
If OSU/Michigan have a conference game scheduled for Week 15, maybe take a look at when you have conference games beginning. If it's week 4 or 5, change it to week 1 or 2. If it's already set at Week 1 or 2, I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah I've tried experimenting around with that as well. No idea what to do. Anyone else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 01:21 AM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdcougs
Yeah I've tried experimenting around with that as well. No idea what to do. Anyone else experienced this?
This was a glitch in NCAA 11 too. I think it just happened over time..... I've made changes in 14 and haven't seen the glitch at all.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
Rookie

So is week 15 a bye except for Army/Navy for most of you guys?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdcougs
So is week 15 a bye except for Army/Navy for most of you guys?
No. I have run some weird dynasties, combo dynasties, etc. It seems whenever you get rid of a conference title game, 9 times out of 10 the week 14 is the main rivalry game and week 15 is a random.

I do regenerate schedule's without using original schedule's in my new Boise dynasty, and noticed week 15 wasn't very full of anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »