Home

Playing All 162 Games

This is a discussion on Playing All 162 Games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Played all 162 games in an MLB The Show Franchise (Or any Simulation Baseball Game)?
Yes 60 65.93%
No 31 34.07%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

OVR: 0
Playing All 162 Games

Last Year, I played all 162 Games with the Houston Astros. It had it's ups and downs and there were even hiatus's that I took because I thought that I wouldn't get back into it, but each time I did and thank God I did. Playing 162 games is a lot of work, time, and effort and I understand those of you that don't due to not having that much time. I finished the 2014 season with Houston with 107-55 Record (Even notching a NO-NO with Jarred Cosart) and Winning the AL Pennant, falling just short of the Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series (Losing in 5 Games). If you do have the time to play all the games in the Season throughout however long it takes you (for me it took 5 and a half months), I promise it is worth it. Even more worth it to see your stats and players grow.

How many of you have actually completed all 162 games in a season? Last year was my first year doing so. Just wanted to get a sense of who in OS has?

I am currently starting my Royals Franchise (with the OSFM Revision Roster) in which I will play all 162 Games and then some, and continue next season with Y2Y. Unfortunately I was not able to continue my Astros Franchise due to a Scheduling Bug in the Game which made it near impossible to realistically play.

Last edited by Dynasty Legend 99; 06-01-2015 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Playing All 162 Games

I been playing baseball for five plus years now and never did 162 this will be my first time doing it and I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I been playing baseball for five plus years now and never did 162 this will be my first time doing it and I can't wait.
If you can make it through the Rough months of May through Early July (Which is where most quit), The All-Star Game and everything after it has so much more meaning. After you reach the All-Star Game, it is almost a coast to the finish line. All the stats you and other teams create becomes so cool, as you've created your own baseball world.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
Pro

Quick counts makes it possible.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #5
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Never done it, this year I'm almost to the trade deadline with QC on. Playing every game. Can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 02:13 AM   #6
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

I have done it twice. once in High heat 04 and in mlb the show 11. won the WS in high heat got swept in the WS in MLB. last year i was on a nice role last year but got away from it at the ASB and then Madden came out. I am pretty far into this season early AUG and i plan to get through this season hopefully i make the post season.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #7
Rookie

baseballmad's Arena

Still playing one game per night 162 game season (in 2016 now) . Unfortunantly still playing it on MLB13, because so many complain about '14 and '15 I just can't justify spending my money on the new lot. '13 does for me....its not perfect....but what is. Maybe after reading and believing all the 'hype' on '16, I will jump in and buy, but after months of excitement leading up to the release of '15....... followed by the last few months, reading of the bugs and gliches.....might as well just stay with '13
Old 06-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

I have only done it once. MVP Baseball 05 on my PC with a fantasy draft team. Won the World Series that year. Now, I use variations of "play and sim" to get through multiple seasons every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »