Home

IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking?

This is a discussion on IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking?

I'm just interested to hear you guys' thoughts on this, I'm seeing a lot of disappointment surrounding CFM this year on here and I'm just wondering if the gameplay is good enough, will it be enough to keep your attention? There's also the presentation, which hasn't been spoken about much, but it's an important piece too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Yes. That's what's largely keeping me playing. I enjoy cfm but it would be a lot harder to stick with it if it was say Madden 09 gameplay.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

Nope. They're separate entities. I look at it like the real NFL. You spend damn near every single day of a calendar year for those 16 days. You hit the off-season and there is so much stuff going on. Then during the season there is constantly transactions, roster jumbling, head coach firings, etc. It never stops. Thursday/Sunday/Monday is only one day of the week and no matter how great gameplay could be, if you're lacking the details in what gets you to that point, it's never going to make up for that fact.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Well the most important aspect of the game is gameplay. If its good then Yea I can overlook shortcomings on other areas as I will be enjoying the on the field product. Will it make up for it ? To an extent yes however I still want a complete package. They have been given far more than enough time to do that. What I want out of the game play is for it to be sim/realistic whichever term you prefer to use. And the additions need to work correctly on a consistent basis, and not be implemented halfway like how we get true step for the ball carrier and not the rest of the players or we get a passing pocket that develops a hand full of times a game. 60 calculations per second, ha.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

It would for me. Good gamplay makes me overlook a lot of "small" stuff. I have resigned myself to the fact that CFM is not going to do it for me this year. But if the gameplay is good, not "good enough" (whatever that is), then that would suffice for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

As a mainly offline franchise mode player, they are equally important. Personally, I could live with gameplay if they had a deep and immersive franchise/owners mode. CFM is not it. Just my humble opinion.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Lately, I play a season, get in and get out.

If I don't need to mess with sliders for several months, then I would say ok, but they need to bring a lot to the game play table.

And I'm a believer one side of the game is great, the other side isn't, everything should be great and balanced all around.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Not anymore. With great gameplay but disappointing CFM, it feels like you are playing a series of exhibition games from the front end.

Like some others I am often short on time. That makes CFM more important in my view. I need to feel that when I sit down to play a game I am achieving something and it is time well spent. A good CFM does this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »