Home

Anyone remembers "fairplay"???

This is a discussion on Anyone remembers "fairplay"??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anyone remembers "fairp lay &amp ;amp;amp ;amp;amp ;amp; amp ;amp;quo t;???

I forgot which madden it was but I remember there was an option called fair play or whatever it was called. When it was turned on, we had to punt the ball on 4th downs, limit onside kicks and other stuff to make it fair...I think it would be awesome if they bring it back and create a fair play lobby for those who want to have this feature implemented. Those who don't want "fair play" can play in their lobbies. I know EA is aiming towards the casual crowd or so it seems but fair play will actually teach newbies a thing or two about how real football should be played.

Imagine having this feature for online leagues. It will do wonders and at the same time cut commissioners for online leagues a little break.

For example commissioners for online leagues can customize these options:
+No going for 4th downs until the 2nd half (When turned on, your play selection screen will show punt until the 2nd half)
+No going for 4th downs unless you're inside your opponent 40, 35, 30, ect (whichever you set it to)
+Onside kicks are limited (Be creative with this customization)
(These are just a few examples I am sure the developers can come with some more creative ideas to make it realistic and fair.)

The reason why I brought this up is because I feel the state we are in with recent Madden games is that it's more catered to the offense side of the ball especially in user vs. user games. The last madden where it actually felt good to play defense in my opinion was Madden 05 besides the super LBs which plagued older Madden games it actually felt good to play defense that year. I feel strongly and I'm sure many will agree with the option to have fair play, when playing defense against another human opponent it would actually mean something and also rewarding at the same time when making stop on 3rd downs. I don't see how this would be a tough task to do.

Last edited by da206gamer; 06-19-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone remembers "fairp lay &amp ;amp;amp ;am

These would be a welcomed addition. Would cut out gray area, and issues of ''when'' it's ok to do one or the other.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Anyone remembers "fairp lay &amp ;amp;amp ;a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
These would be a welcomed addition. Would cut out gray area, and issues of ''when'' it's ok to do one or the other.

Yes it would.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
Banned

Re: Anyone remembers "fairplay"???

Why force people to do things? If someone wants to go for it on 4th and long they should be able too. But at the same time the game should have no bugs/money plays for users to exploit 4th and longs, onside kicks, etc. So if the gameplay is good enough then their should be no need for fair play, because if you pick the right defense on 4th and long it should be a stop most of the time and good field position for you.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: Anyone remembers "fairp lay &amp ;amp;amp ;am

This is actually an awesome idea. I love the idea of having seperate lobbies for people with a more "sim" play style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Why force people to do things? If someone wants to go for it on 4th and long they should be able too. But at the same time the game should have no bugs/money plays for users to exploit 4th and longs, onside kicks, etc. So if the gameplay is good enough then their should be no need for fair play, because if you pick the right defense on 4th and long it should be a stop most of the time and good field position for you.
The gameplay is NEVER going to be good enough to overcome the stupidity of random head-to-head opponents. EVER!

While I would prefer to see "Fair Play = On" and All-Madden level for online play, what I would REALLY like to see is something along the lines of the NBA2K system of governing quitting online. There is no penalty for once or even twice in a short period quitting or disconnecting from games, but beyond that, they put a time limit on re-starting another game.

As long as quitting has no bearing on the user's ability to start another game, we will ALWAYS see morons start a game, go 4 and out with stupid playcalls and no huddles and then quit...or worse yet last a few series before quitting after wasting someone else's online time.

"Fair Play" would make it harder to have random opponents act the fool, but unless there are more draconian penalties beyond DNF% for quitters, the most offensive part of online play will stay....

Now for direct head-to-head play, a simulation setting that had amped up penalty sliders, more reliance on physics and strategy for gameplay outcomes AND "fair play"? SIgn me up!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

Like I said....People that don't want to have fair play on can go on the other lobbies/quick match. People like me will play on the "fair play" lobbies/quick match. Every one wins.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Yep totally agree. Get the gameplay right (and I think it can get there) and it solves a lot of issues. Will all issues be resolved? I doubt it. I just expect them to keep trying and not spend time on covering them up.
To me fairplay was one of many bandaids the game had to compensate for bad programming. The less bandaids the better.

With that said... Until the game gets to that point I have zero issues having a system in place for commish settings or online lobbies set certain ways.

Just my .02

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-21-2015 at 02:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »