Home

What are your expectations for your team in 2015?

This is a discussion on What are your expectations for your team in 2015? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
What are your expectations for your team in 2015?

This forum is DEAD and we need to get some discussion going as football season gets closer.

If you couldn't tell by the avatar, I'm a Bengals fan. Right now I'm feeling slightly on the optimistic side rather than the usual pessimistic side of things. Things can change a lot throughout the season as certain injuries begin to have negative effects. I'm not optimistic at all about Vontaze Burfict making it back to start the season and if he does make it back, I expect him to have a down year ala Geno Atkins last year. Here's my schedule predictions as of right now, before any injuries have accumulated.

@ Oakland W
vs San Diego W
@ Baltimore L (We swept them last year, not going to happen again this year)
vs Kansas City W
vs Seattle L
@ Buffalo W
Bye
@ Pittsburgh L
vs Cleveland W
vs Houston W
@ Arizona L (can't wait for this game as I'll be going to it)
vs St. Louis W
@ Cleveland W
vs Pittsburgh W
@ San Francisco L
@ Denver L
vs Baltimore W

Overall: 10-6, sneaking into the playoffs yet again. If we stay relatively healthy, maybe we'll actually win a game in the playoffs this year...lol jk who am I kidding? I don't pin any blame on Andy Dalton for the playoff Ls like lots of Bengals fans do. It's hard to win when you don't have your #1 WR, #2 WR, #1 TE, and #2 TE to throw to in a game, especially on the road against a guy like Andrew Luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What are your expectations for your team in 2015?

Anything less of another championship is a failure.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Patriots:

Brady's suspension to cut in half missing games 1 & 2. The flying chicken starts those games over Journeyman Matt Flynn. And shows the country he is the heir apparent to Brady. Team goes 12-4 wins the division and have a bottom 5 defense in the league again. And Brady gets ring #5. Making him the greatest QB in NFL history.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Playoffs or bust for the Bills. There will be NO excuses this year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #5

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I think the Dolphins can make the playoffs. They just need to start strong because the end of the season is brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Really tough to say for the Cowboys.

The team is in a good place. The roster from top to bottom got more athletic and younger, and having the same coaching staff intact is going to be huge for development and continuity. There is no fear of losing one's job or earning the next contract. I'm really pleased with the direction Garrett and his staff has this roster going. I'm also really happy with a lot of the fiscal moves the team made this offseason, sticking to being smart with the cap - that is until they exercised the option on Romo's contract.

I feel they overachieved last season in terms of wins mainly because we played the dreadful AFC South. This year, we have the AFC East and each of those teams features dominate defenses (Jets, Bills, Dolphins) or a supremely coached team (Patriots). Additionally, NFC East rivals like the Giants & Redskins will rebound to an extent; both suffered through a lot of injuries. The Iggles will probably be the most realistic contender for the NFC East crown; I'm not sure of what to make of Kelly's moves other than they will make or break his team this season.

In terms of the roster, my biggest concerns are with the RBs and the backup QB. I understand the business side of letting Demarco Murray go, what I don't understand are the contingency plans. Joseph Randle may be able to carry the load, but he's shown some troubling signs: stealing, domestic violence charges (dropped), calling out teammates (Dez last year for his troubles with his Mom & talking down of Murray, a well respected player in the clubhouse), etc. That's immature, irresponsible and disrespectful, and it's not the kind of person I'm going to put all my stock into, nor is it the kind of player Garrett like to have on the roster. So our failsafe is Darren McFadden who's chronically injured and never evolved into the runner coming out of Arkansas, Lance Dunbar a small, specialty player, and Ryan Williams who couldn't make it off the practice squad last year. If the team is incapable of running or our RB simply just doesn't scare defenses, prepare for the focus to fall solely on the QB to sling us out of games.

That leeds to Romo. Tony Romo has not been able to stay healthy these last few years and it really worries me that we only have Weeden & a no-name 2nd year guy - I will say this Vaughn is no Romo, we will not get lucky again with a franchise UFA QB. Weeden was terrible in his sole start, and I expected more, especially from a guy who simply never had that kind of talent to surround him. He was overwhelmed and under-prepared which is inexcusable when you consider he took almost all snaps in training camp and all snaps on Wednesdays of that season so Romo could rest. If Romo goes down for an extended period of time, the season is potentially gone.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Dallas Cowboys - my expectations are win the NFC East and get to the playoffs. No reason why we shouldn't be able to do that from where I sit, though it's going to be a slog getting there because it always is in the NFC East.

From there, anything can happen.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #8
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I expect another year of injuries and blown opportunities for the Houston Texans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »