Home

Looking for advice

This is a discussion on Looking for advice within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Question Looking for advice

Ok so after around 100 or so games in DD. my record is 36-73
very bad.

here are the issues I face I average 7-10 hits a game not may points a lot of ground outs/pop out, my timing says good/just late most of the time.

What am I doing wrong?

cant for the life of me stop all the speed demon base stealers even with bunt defense pitchouts and pick offs. about a 5% stop rate?

Any advice here?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Looking for advice

For stealers, accept the fact that the actual success rate for stealing in the MLB is 70%. Most of the time, it will succeed no matter what you do.

A left handed 1st baseman is a must. It drastically increases your chance to pickoff someone leading off. Always attempt at least one pickoff on a speedy runner as it decreases the chance that their jump will be good (use a casual throw if you don't want to risk airmailing it). You cannot allow someone to lead off. If they lead off, your chances of throwing out a 99 speed guy is almost zero.

The other piece of the puzzle is your catcher. If your catcher doesn't have at least 85 arm strength and 75 accuracy, you can forget about trying to stop a 99 speed guy. Molina (99 arm str) or your created Diamond Dynasty player are good choices to use.

The answer you aren't going to want to hear to your batting timing question is practice. Go to batting practice drills in the main menu, choose a pitcher who throw heat, choose a batter with good contact/vision and once in the mode, switch the drill to "bat control". The pitcher will always throw strikes in this mode, allowing you to purely practice timing. The game will tell you what your timing was after every swing.

Last edited by takki; 07-13-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

For base stealing and bunts good defense at 3B and Catcher is important. I'm guessing Machado is probably the best option at 3B if you have limited stubs. And, Yadier Molina should be pretty easy to acquire.

I been having success throwing out base stealers by just tapping the Δ button. This helps force the throw to bounce into second base on target so the middle infielder can easily tag the runner out.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
For base stealing and bunts good defense at 3B and Catcher is important. I'm guessing Machado is probably the best option at 3B if you have limited stubs. And, Yadier Molina should be pretty easy to acquire.

I been having success throwing out base stealers by just tapping the Δ button. This helps force the throw to bounce into second base on target so the middle infielder can easily tag the runner out.

Ahh, I was wondering how trigger that animation.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Good stuff thanks for the replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

if you are using directional hitting. aiming one way like say if your trying to pull the ball, do go after pitches away from you or you will popup like you said you do often. but this all leads to practise. just have to learn what pitches to take and what to swing at.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

You have to take into account that DD is not like the other modes especially if you play against the computer. If you take the same default sliders on All-Star which I think is the optimum fair game level and use them in franchise.season, playoff, or exhibition you get a more balanced game.. This isn't the CPU cheats post. Most of the glitches I see in this game are in DD. The CPU doesn't bunt 8 times in franchise. Most of my DD games are close. I would get frustrated because I outhit the CPU but it out defenses me or I get the "that guy really homered on that pitch". The reward is usually greater for DD wins so, I play it. I also have the opinion (which are like noses) that the CPU levels up to your play in DD (Damn Dynasty) which explains the number of close games and extra inning games.

As far as Human. Well I just hate people so there. Just relax take it for what it's worth forget about the record, you'll get your wins.. Games against MLB teams are better balanced. Not that losing is fun but it's a challenging mode.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:27 AM   #8
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Smile Re: Looking for advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
You have to take into account that DD is not like the other modes especially if you play against the computer. If you take the same default sliders on All-Star which I think is the optimum fair game level and use them in franchise.season, playoff, or exhibition you get a more balanced game.. This isn't the CPU cheats post. Most of the glitches I see in this game are in DD. The CPU doesn't bunt 8 times in franchise. Most of my DD games are close. I would get frustrated because I outhit the CPU but it out defenses me or I get the "that guy really homered on that pitch". The reward is usually greater for DD wins so, I play it. I also have the opinion (which are like noses) that the CPU levels up to your play in DD (Damn Dynasty) which explains the number of close games and extra inning games.

As far as Human. Well I just hate people so there. Just relax take it for what it's worth forget about the record, you'll get your wins.. Games against MLB teams are better balanced. Not that losing is fun but it's a challenging mode.
Thanks, after reading your post you have a good way of putting things in perspective. I am now in the neighborhood of 45-77. While my record like you said is not important, I am a very competitive online player all my DD game are Head to Head. I am in the process of trying a new batting camera to see if in the next 100 games my numbers improve. Doing this with E Catcher Zoom to get direct focus on the pitch out of the pitchers hand in an effort to better track each pitch.

As always I appreciate any advice offered here on Operation Sports. PLAY BALL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »