Home

3-Click is the new sim mode (Rory PGA)

This is a discussion on 3-Click is the new sim mode (Rory PGA) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0
3-Click is the new sim mode (Rory PGA)

For those of you like myself that find the analog swing too easy or clumsy I suggest you give the 3 click swing a go. At first I thought it would be too easy or primitive lol ..... but man did it ever change the game for me.

Gameplay and fun factor are near perfect using 3-Click. If your timing is off even slightly you get punched in the face for it. Making the perfect swing is far more rewarding using 3-Click and for me seems more immersive for some reason.

I recommend 3-Click over analog with all aids turned off and if you want to up the difficulty even more just change swing difficulty to hard (I don't recommend this at first) I went from finishing a round with a -25 to finishing with a +5 when I changed to 3-Click. Much more realistic results and for me 3-Click is the new sim.

ps. putting is much, much better with 3-Click imo.

Last edited by ROTTEN; 07-18-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 3-Click is the new sim mode (Rory PGA)

I can see putting as I hate hate hate putting mechanics with stick but how is the hardest settings for analog easy for you guys? Haha. I have been all over the course using analong.

Will deff give this a go though.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I can see putting as I hate hate hate putting mechanics with stick but how is the hardest settings for analog easy for you guys? Haha. I have been all over the course using analong.

Will deff give this a go though.
My BEST round so far in my career has been 2 over with the hardest settings, I have no idea how some are finding it so easy.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Couldn't agree more. 3-click game-play is rock solid. The punishment for missing the sweet spot is spot on. As you crank up the swing difficulty, not only is the strike window smaller, but you are punished *more* for missing it, and the meter moves a LOT faster. The scores are much realistic and the satisfaction of nailing a shot is completely addictive.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #5
Rookie

LincSink's Arena

OVR: 5

I totally agree. I know people are knocking this as being primitive but I think it is still the most realistic. If you are early or late on your release you get the correct miss. This is much like how the real swing is. My only knock is on putts where the meter blocks the hole on the screen, that is slightly annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Agreed! Primative it is but still the challenge that the game should bring you! Animations are downright silly..they would throw me off the course if I acted that way. Somehow I liked it in Hot shots which as silly as it looked was pretty downright Sim but here it just looks bad. Maybe because it has PGA feel to it. They should have eased up on that.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #7
Banned

I've always struggled with what was originally called the mouse swing. Being an old fogey, I was brought up on the three click swing. I find it to be excellent and smooth. In the past, the power bar could stick on TW and then the ball went everywhere. I'm now playing(as suggested) with the green grid off and that really changes the game. I have reservations about this as the hardware isn't powerful enough to accurately draw all the counters and undulations accurately or at a suffiently high res, but it's finally a challenge. I shot +1 in my first round at Troon which was about right. Also Troon is the hardest course I've played so far with it's hard greens and difficult Chips and runs from over 200 yards.
Finally the game is a challenge.
Yes, for younger players, the three click has always been a solid system when implemented properly. Rm has it bang on.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

After being hesitant about trying the 3-click I went at it this morning on the toughest settings. All I can say about it is IT'S THE TRUTH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »