Home

Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

This is a discussion on Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 02:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

What are the things that you don’t spam with on the court playing against the CPU just to keep it fair (sim)?

I am an experienced 2K player against the CPU not other people (I don’t like to play against people, yup, I am weird! lol) and that is the reason I know things I am not supposed to abuse with or else I will feel guilty of cheating. Please see below for my very own list and let me know what your list is!

1. I don’t hit the steal button when during a pass the CPU makes because I can easily steal the ball, I will only steal the ball when the CPU is dribbling or posting me up

2. It is WAYYY TOOO EASSSYYYYYY to score in the paint! First of all, the passing to the big man is already too easy which helps when I turned up the steal slider from 50 to 55, however, it is still pretty easy to get the ball down low vs. in real NBA basketball, in 2K, the defender is 90% of the time behind the guy I want to throw the ball down low to, so all I do is pass, back down, do some fancy post moves and either I score or I get a foul, rarely a miss. THEREFORE, I don’t do anything fancy with any my post player, I either just do a hook shot left or right or fade-away left or right, so I will not kill the CPU in the paint

3. This is a new one I discover lately, I don’t throw alley-op passes unless I am on a fast break situation, which means what Paul and Griffin/Jordan do all day, that pick and roll and lop city stuff is way too easy in the game, once Griffin or Jordan is running towards the basket and you throw it up they will catch it almost everything and dunk it all over the paint, so I don’t do that at all, I will just do a normal pass to the big man running towards the basket and hope he will catch it and attack it with a layup or dunk

4. Moving my hands to intercept an in-bound pass, way too easy, if the guy I am using is tall with long arms, I can get him to get very close to the CPU inbounding the ball and nonstop moving my arms and I can get a steal very easily, intercept, grab the ball, fast break, layup or dunk, so I don’t do that, I just stand in front of the guy inbounding the ball and that is it, keep it real and fair you know

These are pretty much it, things I don’t do myself to keep things fair and realistic against the CPU…can’t wait to see you guys’ inputs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 03:43 AM   #2
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

Honestly, SS and below is cool but during my last days of playing 2K, HOF/Sim with no adjustments felt good. You have to lock in and adjust constantly - something I like doing - but I was free to do whatever I needed to keep up without it feeling cheap because most of the time the AI would eventually take it away. Just ran my triangle and played.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:07 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Honestly, SS and below is cool but during my last days of playing 2K, HOF/Sim with no adjustments felt good. You have to lock in and adjust constantly - something I like doing - but I was free to do whatever I needed to keep up without it feeling cheap because most of the time the AI would eventually take it away. Just ran my triangle and played.
What do you mean by last days of playing 2k? Like 2k13 and 2k14 or what? For me, it is okay to adjust accordingly which is how real ball play right, you must think of different ways to adjust based on what is going on during that moment in the game, however, like you said, the CPU will take it all away, all the hard work, for example, if the CPU is up like 15 and I play my heart out, then I can get the score to be closed but later on, the CPU will get super mad at me for catching up and just kill me with all the insane things, and there is just nothing I can do to stop them and I can claim I am a pretty good player against the CPU…yeah just happy sharing with you guys lol
Old 07-20-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Sometimes it can be too easy to predict when a cpu is going to take a jumper and block it. So instead I'll just hands up on the shooter.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #5
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Sliders would help some of those things you listed.

I brought down the close shot slider to 38 so that only superstars are money.

I dropped contact shot success, dunk in traffic success, and layup success. With those down in the 30's on HOF lob city isn't nearly as cheesy unless paul and blake/jordan are at full stamina.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Nothing.

I have no mercy for the CPU on HOF.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I used to feel guilty when I knew exactly what play they were running and got an instant steal...but then I realized even that's slightly realistic.
If your coach knows the opponent's play and you stop it it's not cheesy lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Sliders would help some of those things you listed.

I brought down the close shot slider to 38 so that only superstars are money.

I dropped contact shot success, dunk in traffic success, and layup success. With those down in the 30's on HOF lob city isn't nearly as cheesy unless paul and blake/jordan are at full stamina.
I've done the same thing, I've dropped a lot of the shooting sliders so that you get more realistic scores and rebounding totals (I play 11 minute quarters and with normal sliders my teams only get like 30 boards a game which is highly unrealistic) I also raised the foul sliders because you get unrealistically low free throw attempts, even with playing 11 minute quarters. I raised the sliders and the teams went from 12-15 FT's a game to mid 20's. Much more realistic. And with the lowered shooting sliders, you don't have scrub *** players like Doug McDermott lighting you up for 35 points because people can just spam 3's with guys like him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »