Home

Sliders, teammates, and Road to the Show.

This is a discussion on Sliders, teammates, and Road to the Show. within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Sliders, teammates, and Road to the Show.

I assume the answer to this question is no but I'd like someone that is informed to confirm it. In Road to the Show if we change sliders (for example upping our contact or timing) does this affect our CPU teammates as well? For whatever reason I never make good contact and I'm hitting in the low .200's. I've consistently hit around .245 to .250 with my players in franchise mode and having a Road to the Show player that's ranked 99 in every offensive category I thought those numbers would be up a tad. Especially considering that I hit .368 at Double-A.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #2

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sliders, teammates, and Road to the Show.

What difficulty are you playing on?

If you are in the MLB, you are actually playing a difficulty level above the selected one.
If you are in AAA, you are playing on the selected difficulty.
If you are in AA, you are playing a level below the selected difficulty.

Just something to take into account. Also, I feel like something is different about the gameplay. I use sliders that are difficult in Franchise, but when I go to RTTS and use them, I'm raking from the beginning.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
What difficulty are you playing on?

If you are in the MLB, you are actually playing a difficulty level above the selected one.
If you are in AAA, you are playing on the selected difficulty.
If you are in AA, you are playing a level below the selected difficulty.

Just something to take into account. Also, I feel like something is different about the gameplay. I use sliders that are difficult in Franchise, but when I go to RTTS and use them, I'm raking from the beginning.
Wait, what? I'm playing on All-Star difficulty. So what you're saying is that by selecting All-Star difficulty in Road to the Show I'm actually playing on the Hall of Fame difficulty when I'm at the Major League level. I have never heard anything like this before. Do you have a source for this?

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Cpu sliders effect teammates in RTTS. Human sliders effect only you in RTTS. I leave cpu hitting sliders at default in RTTS. For RTTS only, I make cpu pitching sliders 0 strike freq, 7 control and 7 consistency. You, find you will still get a fair share of walks and the cpu will pitch to the corners and challenge you upstairs, while poor cpu pitchers occasionally still hanging one. I play with the difficulty on HOF in AA, All Star in AA, and Veteran with contact at zero. However, I am not the most skilled player. I field on All Star with baserunning and throwing sliders at default, with fielder speed at 3 and reaction at. 0. Hope this helps!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:44 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Cpu sliders effect teammates in RTTS. Human sliders effect only you in RTTS. I leave cpu hitting sliders at default in RTTS. For RTTS only, I make cpu pitching sliders 0 strike freq, 7 control and 7 consistency. You, find you will still get a fair share of walks and the cpu will pitch to the corners and challenge you upstairs, while poor cpu pitchers occasionally still hanging one. I play with the difficulty on HOF in AA, All Star in AA, and Veteran with contact at zero. However, I am not the most skilled player. I field on All Star with baserunning and throwing sliders at default, with fielder speed at 3 and reaction at. 0. Hope this helps!
So you're of the belief that you need to lower the difficulty when being promoted from one level to the next? I've never done that. I've played Road to the Show for a long time and have had similar players (rated 99 overall) but have never, ever had this much difficulty hitting the ball.

Other than a few home runs everything is super-weak contact, even with "good" timing. Never fails. I've yet to hit a single ball in the gap for a double or anything over an outfielder's head. I ground out 80% of the time when I put the ball in play and I bet I'm leading the lead in grounding into double plays.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #6

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

From the strategy guide at The Show Nation (Miscellaneous #3):

Quote:
RTTS shifts hitting and pitching difficulty by 1 level when transitioning between the AA, AAA, and MLB leagues (capped between Rookie and Legend). This rule doesn't directly change your difficulty setting but acts as a modifier to it. Beginner and Dynamic difficulty are unaffected by this rule.
In my opinion, this is one of the worst "features" in this game, but yes, its there.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
From the strategy guide at The Show Nation (Miscellaneous #3):

In my opinion, this is one of the worst "features" in this game, but yes, its there.
Wow. This is unbelievable. I NEVER knew this. What in the world?

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-25-2015, 03:18 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Is this new to MLB 15 or was it in past versions as well?

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »