Home

Formation Subs From Play Call Screen

This is a discussion on Formation Subs From Play Call Screen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2
Formation Subs From Play Call Screen

I've never really seen anyone complain about this, but I hate that '15 changed the way we do formatiom subs. We used to be able to do it within the plays WITHIN the formation. Now we have to do it at the formation screen before opening it up. The previous way saved precious time. Anyone know if it's back to the original way for '16?

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Formation Subs From Play Call Screen

This should be done before the game even begins. Once the game kicks off, I should not be worried about having the right personnel packages on the field in a given formation. I understand making slight adjustments to personnel during the game, but the days of having to do a complete overhaul of the packages every game, hopefully, are behind us.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Agreed kccheifs - let me do it before the game - always have to waste a TO trying to adjust my subs in the first series
Old 08-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I really wish formation subs were in the CFM outside of actual gameplay, so that i could just join my game and not have to worry about micro managing the roster.

RBBC auto subs are long over due also!
Old 08-19-2015, 01:49 AM   #5
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Formation subs stink, give me fully custom packages that I set up pre game.

Formation subs don't allow for nearly enough flexibility.

Custom sub packages, like from PS2 M06, allowed you to create mass subs like 2nd team, crazy packages like WR swap, #2 TE slot, #3 RB as one package.

Guys keep asking for boring ole formation subs and I lose my mind a little because ten years ago Madden had something far and away better than that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

Custom sub packages, like from PS2 M06, allowed you to create mass subs like 2nd team, crazy packages like WR swap, #2 TE slot, #3 RB as one package.

Guys keep asking for boring ole formation subs and I lose my mind a little because ten years ago Madden had something far and away better than that...

Really hoping EA is reading this. This would make A LOT of people very happy!!!
8 GB Kingston RAM
Old 08-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Just to piggyback off of this, and the reason why you MUST have packages over formation subs, is that if you sub a player in a formation, the player stays in that position, no matter what package u scroll to.

If you have a short yardage back and you want to put him in on I-Form Big, or I-Form Twin TE, then with formation subs, that short yardage back is going to be in the game for EVERY I formation package, even I-Form Normal, or I-Form 3Wide.

That's why I stopped using them when NCAA finally implemented them. I wanted to create all these situational defensive schemes with this tweener pass rusher I had who I only wanted to use as a third down Nickel rusher. Problem was when I formation subbed him, he was in for EVERY nickel formation no matter what package I right sticked to or what set I chose and the only way to get him out was to manually sub... which to me defeated the whole purpose.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

This. Custom packages are what this game really needs. There should be an option for a heavy package, pass rushing packages, etc. I might have one DT I prefer for most situations, but have the option to run 3 or 4 de's on my line in 3rd and long situations since I know a mid/deep pass is coming.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »