Home

Somthing needs to be done about 4 verts this year

This is a discussion on Somthing needs to be done about 4 verts this year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2
Somthing needs to be done about 4 verts this year

As the topic says if something isnt done about 4 verts this game is going to be doomed in any online type mode and to some extent vs the cpu unless sliders are used. Out of the box this one play is absolutely gamebreaking in a way thats almost making it a game killer for me.

Because of the neutered pass rush and the new db and wr animations the only way ive found to consistently stop this play is to take a defensive lineman cover the middle of the field and play cover 2 man and it only works if you know 100% 4 verts is coming.

Man doesnt work. Zone doesnt work. On past maddens i prided myself on being a good user on defense for taking away deep balls and such but on this years madden that is pretty much gone. With the new DB and WR interactions even if you have great position with a corner they make this ridiculous jump ball animation between the wr and DB occur that gives the wr the advantage.

Playing one on one on the outside is so bad this year your asking to give up a deep ball eventually. Its very alarming to say the least. If anyone else with the game can chime in with their thoughts id appreciate it. But i feel like right now this is all your going to see online this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Somthing needs to be done about 4 verts this year

I don't have the game. But have you tried blitzing 7 leaving man coverage and the qb to make a tough lob throw.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Personally I think it's simple. They just need to tune coverage to be a little bit better

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

It hasn't looked effective this year in the streams I've watched.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
As the topic says if something isnt done about 4 verts this game is going to be doomed in any online type mode and to some extent vs the cpu unless sliders are used. Out of the box this one play is absolutely gamebreaking in a way thats almost making it a game killer for me.

Because of the neutered pass rush and the new db and wr animations the only way ive found to consistently stop this play is to take a defensive lineman cover the middle of the field and play cover 2 man and it only works if you know 100% 4 verts is coming.

Man doesnt work. Zone doesnt work. On past maddens i prided myself on being a good user on defense for taking away deep balls and such but on this years madden that is pretty much gone. With the new DB and WR interactions even if you have great position with a corner they make this ridiculous jump ball animation between the wr and DB occur that gives the wr the advantage.

Playing one on one on the outside is so bad this year your asking to give up a deep ball eventually. Its very alarming to say the least. If anyone else with the game can chime in with their thoughts id appreciate it. But i feel like right now this is all your going to see online this year.
I don't have the game and will probably not get it, but isn't this true of the real NFL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Personally I think it's simple. They just need to tune coverage to be a little bit better
Id agree somewhat. Coverage definitely needs to be tuned a bit but theres just a problem wit the play overall. With the new pass mechanics you can potentially get a 1 on 1 matchup on every play and in this years game that is extremely dangerous. Corners are one thing but not every safety and linebacker can cover.

Last night i had a guy literally 4 verts me all the way down the field and there was nothing i could do to stop him. Now normally id be like whatever its online people always cheese online but the cpu does this to an extent sometimes too. As a person that loves defense its just annoying not being able to play good D at times. If D gets tuned just a bit i think the game will be amazing tho.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I don't have the game and will probably not get it, but isn't this true of the real NFL?
Yes but i feel like your hoping on drops and inaccurate passes moreso then like tipping the ball away and stuff like that that happens in the nfl. Feels like the receiver always gets hands on then ball your just hoping for a swat out, drop, or missed pass.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
Yes but i feel like your hoping on drops and inaccurate passes moreso then like tipping the ball away and stuff like that that happens in the nfl. Feels like the receiver always gets hands on then ball your just hoping for a swat out, drop, or missed pass.
Was the person you were playing user catching?

I would not be surprised if user aggressive catch was OP.

Seemed like Rex made a successful aggressive catch in every preview stream they did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »