Home

Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX

I was having the horrible framerate issues that lots of One users are reporting. Bad stutters at the end of passes, major FPS drop at the end of plays, etc. I cleared my cache and now it is running pretty smooth.

Xbox One
Unlike Xbox 360, the Xbox One does not have a menu option to clear cache on the console. Instead, follow these steps to clear cache on an Xbox One:
  1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console.
  5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  6. Turn on the console using the power button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX

I'm willing to give this a try but is there some documentation that this clears out some type of cache somewhere? Or is this just the equivalent of shutting down a laptop, removing the battery, holding down the power switch to discharge capacitors and then powering back up, hoping that any "hardware glitch" has reset itself to normal?

Don't get me wrong....I do this all the time and it does fix issues with laptops and devices that are glitching or running slow that a normal reboot doesn't always fix....but is this actually causing the xbox one OS to reset or delete cache files somehow? Or is this just the equivalent of a full shutdown resetting all hardware temporarily?

Thanks for the input. Not dogging your suggestion...just trying to figure out what is actually happening.

Thanks again. Will post if this helps.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

My low post count prevented me from posting the link. What I copy/pasted at the bottom of my post was from the Activision support page on clearing Xbox one cache. Just Google "clear Xbox One cache", there are multiple sources citing this as the method to clear the cache on the One as there is no option to do it in settings like the 360 had.

I can say it does do something a full shutdown does not. I do not use the instant on setting so my One fully shuts down every time and I was still getting the framerate issues until I did this method.

Last edited by harpuadat; 08-22-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpuadat
My low post count prevented me from posting the link. What I copy/pasted at the bottom of my post was from the Activision support page on clearing Xbox one cache. Just Google "clear Xbox One cache", there are multiple sources citing this as the method to clear the cache on the One as there is no option to do it in settings like the 360 had.

I can say it does do something a full shutdown does not. I do not use the instant on setting so my One fully shuts down every time and I was still getting the framerate issues until I did this method.
Thanks. I have shut mine down and unplugged. Got busy so its been about an hour now. Will test in a bit. I am wondering if you can compare the framerate of Madden 16 to Madden 15 on your xbox one if you have it? I only had Madden 15 on PS4 and when I compare the Xbox One Madden 16 to that, it clearly has a lower framerate.....even when it's not choppy it is never as smooth as Madden 15 on PS4. Madden 15 on ps4 looks like a solid 60fps all the time.... I don't know if this is a programming thing that might just be the way Madden 16 runs on both systems now since I cannot compare Madden 16 on PS4 as there is no EA access over there.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 12

Thanks man, In my head I've been cursing because if this was on PC i wouldn't have any of these issues. It was almost unplayable.
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes (Hartford Whalers)
NBA- New York Knicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Holy crap. This actually worked. My last 2 games have been smooth as silk. I'd have to say that I cannot perceive any major differences in frame rate between the ps4 Madden 15 and this. That's not to say there isn't still a difference but it is so minor as to not be obvious.

To be clear....I was experiencing a general slower frame-rate all the time with moments where it would really bog down. Like at the ends of plays, as I approached the sidelines and it was really obvious when going to the automatic replays. The animation to and from that was sooooo choppy. At the moment it is back to being really smooth.

Thanks. I will update this if the problem seems to return.

On a side note, when I launched Madden for the first time after performing this "clearing of cache", it did not prompt me that I was playing the "Early Access" version at all. I have less than 6 hours and it said nothing about it. Wonder what is up with that??
Old 08-23-2015, 02:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

You can add my stamp of approval for this. It worked for me and the game is playing very smooth and now I love the game even more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 AM   #8
Rookie

stee0221's Arena

OVR: 1

WOW! That was awesome! That totally fixed the lag for me too. It was horrible before and nearly unplayable and now it's MUCH better!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »