Home

Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

This is a discussion on Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

This will be the second class of mostly real recruits I have edited. If you are interested in the Class of 2015, check out the post here.

What I have done:
- Edited approximately the top 500 recruits names, height, weight, face, hometown, top 10 schools, pitch importance, and ratings. I have been doing this over the past few months all on my own, so the rating order and top 10 schools may not be perfect still but it is pretty close. I used 247Sports composite rating (link: here).
- Edited the rest of the players for more unique names, match face/name/position (fewer white RB/WR/CB, fewer black K/P), and ratings. I also tried to match up these players a little better for size/play style. For example, I tried making the smaller HBs more speed/elusive and the bigger guys more break tackle/trucking.
- Created more athletes that can possibly play a wider variety of positions. There are close to 175 "athletes" in this class, compared to just 75 or so in a typical NCAA14 season.
- Even some players listed at certain positions could possibly play another spot, if necessary.
- Fewer JUCOs, but they should come in rated slightly higher to reflect the one or two seasons of development lost.
- The pre-scout OVRs that show up are now more linear, for example five star players show as 78-84, four stars as 69-77, etc.
- More gems and busts and can be a wider gap in the pre-scout and post-scouting overall rating.
- Generally lowered ratings across the board in order to make it harder to just stock up on extremely talented players and make depth more of an issue. Roughly 40% of players will be rated 60 or less. This should also make it more difficult to rebuild smaller schools and cause a greater gap between great and average players and teams, hopefully.
- Made Proximity to Home, Program Tradition, Conference Prestige, and Championship Contender the most common pitches for many players to reflect more realistic recruiting... more players want to play near home for a big school that can win a title.
- Equipment edits suggested by jackster802.

What I have not done:
- Body edits. If someone who is familiar with doing these downloads this class and wants to help, please let me know.
- Studied every single recruit to get their rating 100% accurate. There are lots of busts in every real class (go back and look at the top 50 recruits from 5-10 years ago, there are probably several players you may barely recognize). I'm sorry if a recruit heading to your favorite school is a "bust" in this version. I didn't do it because I hate your school, I promise. Plus, you can just edit them yourself, if you like.

How to use:
- Create your dynasty on your Xbox 360 or advance to the pre-season menu if it is an existing file. Be sure to change conference alignment and automatic BCS tie-ins, if you so choose.
- While still in the pre-season, click on Recruiting Board (do not create/add any of your own recruits) so the recruiting class is created. Do not add any players to your board or anything else, simply create the class. Do not advance to the season.
- Save your dynasty file to USB, extract the file to your computer, and open it in the EA DB Editor (link: here).
- Download and extract the zip folder containing three .csv files. I do not recommend opening them in Excel or anywhere else before importing them.
- Go to "Recruit Data" tab.
- It should automatically be on the "Recruit Stats" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-stats" and save the file.
- Move over to the "Recruit Info" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-info" and save the file.
- Move over to the "Recruit Pitch Responses" tab, select I/O -> Import -> Overwrite existing and import the Excel spreadsheet named "2016class-recruit-pitches" and save the file.
- Save the new file over the previous one in Modio or whatever application you use and move it back to your console.
- Go back into the recruiting board and check it out.
- If you wish to edit the recruits further, I highly recommend doing it in the EA DB Editor and not in Excel. It is usually easier to find an error (or avoid errors) in the program rather than in Excel.

Please feel free to report any glaring errors you notice.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2016class-recruits.zip (758.8 KB, 779 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

dynastyovercfm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Class of 2016: 500+ Real Recruits (NCAA14/Xbox360/EA DB Editor)

[font="Arial Black"]YOU ARE AMAZING! Another way of keeping NCAA Community alive! I Appreciate this so much! Thank you!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I've already begun my 2015 season but I may give this a try next season to get some real recruits into my dynasty. Thanks for this!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Awesome work Matt! I used your 2015 class and I love having that sense of realism in my dynasty. Going to be using this one as well!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Great work! And from what the instructions say this shouldn't be too hard to do.

Man, EA needs to release an official editor for their sports games. I'm not sure of the legal hurdles there would be (if any), but I can only imagine what amazing stuff this site would come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Thank you sooooooo much for doing this. im about to start a dynasty for youtube (channel link is in my sig) and i thought i would have to use fake recruits. in my video i will DEFINITELY share how i got these recruits. #Blessed
MLB: Pirates

Working on:

NBA 2K20 FDU Fictional Draft Classes
Old 08-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
Just started!

Does this work for PS3 as well?
Old 08-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew
Does this work for PS3 as well?
On the Class of 2015 thread, someone did say that they can get it to work with PS3, but didn't give instructions or anything. Hopefully one of those guys shows up shortly once they get the NCAA bug as the season starts to give some hints. Sorry I can't help or provide any additional information.

And thanks for the compliments guys, let me know how it turns out or works for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »