Home

Question on Subbing RB

This is a discussion on Question on Subbing RB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question on Subbing RB

Xbox one. I'd like to do pretty much a 50/50 split at running back and share carries equally. The slider adjustment is confusing to me. There is a slider for HB sub in AND halfback sub out. The default is 50, but they weren't switching equally so I assumed this wasn't percentage. I cranked up both thinking that it would sub more but it actually didn't sub at all then.

What would the proper setting for a 50/50 split be? I'm not understanding why here is a sub in and a sub out. Seems like if you turn one one way, the other would go the opposite but that's not the case. If you sub in more obviously the runner has to sub out more. Enlighten me please.

Last edited by Milkmoney11; 09-07-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question on Subbing RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkmoney11
Xbox one. I'd like to do pretty much a 50/50 split at running back and share carries equally. The slider adjustment is confusing to me. There is a slider for HB sub in AND halfback sub out. The default is 50, but they weren't switching equally so I assumed this wasn't percentage. I cranked up both thinking that it would sub more but it actually didn't sub at all then.

What would the proper setting for a 50/50 split be? I'm not understanding why here is a sub in and a sub out. Seems like if you turn one one way, the other would go the opposite but that's not the case. If you sub in more obviously the runner has to sub out more. Enlighten me please.
Sub out number is the player rating when your HB will leave the game and Sub in is when they return. When that happens is a combination of your fatigue setting, individual player stamina and how often you are running/passing to them. You should experiment with the settings to to get where you want them.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

If playing "Play now" this works..if CFM it does not work its suck in default no matter the setting..better off doing the subbing urself

Sent from my broken iPhone using my data I can't afford
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Question on Subbing RB

I usually sub archer out after a long yard run. If it's just a 10 yard and a stop then I call a pass play. The cpu does the change automatically. Another helpful tip would be call time outs. As close as Chris Johnson can run to Dri Archer, he can't jet at 96 speed. If the cpu leaves my RB in w/ a yellow energy indicator, it's usually because of no huddle. Hope that helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

Last edited by Young Coaches; 09-07-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Had to edit Archer's name
Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #5
Rookie

The settings your messing with are there to sub in and out based on fatigue. If you want to do what you are trying to do you are better of using the "spell HB" or "Backup HB" formation packages and counting the carries yourself. To my knowledge there is no feature in the game that will do this automatically for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstrdr57
Sub out number is the player rating when your HB will leave the game and Sub in is when they return. When that happens is a combination of your fatigue setting, individual player stamina and how often you are running/passing to them. You should experiment with the settings to to get where you want them.

what do you mean rating? is that a fatigue number?

so if I want my guy out when he drops to around 75% that's what I set it to? and then id like him in when he gets back to 85%?

so essentially at those settings he will be in and out by a 10% fluctuation?

where can I see the number for fatigue so I can tune in the adjustment if I feel its not right? if that is correct.

as of now I just put in others recommendations but really did not understand what the numbers really meant.

thnks in advance
Old 09-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffarukus
what do you mean rating? is that a fatigue number?

so if I want my guy out when he drops to around 75% that's what I set it to? and then id like him in when he gets back to 85%?

so essentially at those settings he will be in and out by a 10% fluctuation?

where can I see the number for fatigue so I can tune in the adjustment if I feel its not right? if that is correct.

as of now I just put in others recommendations but really did not understand what the numbers really meant.

thnks in advance
Just got to the rosters and scroll to the right to see all ratings.

But if you're looking for a 50/50 split this is NOT the answer. It's best to handle the substitutions yourself.

Personally to achieve this I have Stewart as the HB in my Pro sets, and Shotgun, and I manually sub in Cameron Artis-Payne into my Pistol sets to mirror what he ran at Auburn. For my scatback to get his 3-5 touches I manually insert him for the screens, sweeps, and tosses.

You have to do it each game, but it achieves the wanted results and isn't too cumbersome.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »