Home

NHL 16 Create-a-Player question

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Create-a-Player question within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 16 Create-a-Player question

I searched, but none of the results gave an answer. I've asked at EAsports.com, but they never pick my question to answer.

Might anyone have more details on creating players in NHL 16 to know whether one can create a player that has been drafted by an NHL team but not signed to a contract? So, he's on his CHL team (or Euro), rights to him owned by an NHL team, but he's not (yet) under contract. This can be done on the PS3/360 using NHLViewNG, but it wasn't, to my knowledge, possible to do it on the console.

Secondly, are we restricted to the ordinary, 26-letter alphabet in naming guys, or can we use characters from other alphabets, especially for European players that have letters in their name that we don't use?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 16 Create-a-Player question

Is anyone with early access to the game willing to answer this?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll look into this when I get home from work in a few hours!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:44 AM   #4
Just started!

crustin's Arena

Yes you can. Check out YewyBearGaming on YT he has a video on it.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Is that the video where he has created Boozer to show that you can possibly draft a created player?

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm thinking.

I want to create a player who has been drafted by a team, but not yet signed to a contract. So, before starting a GM, you have created the player, start your GM, go to budget/contracts, and you see your player there, but unsigned, before you even play your first game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Just started!

What i'd like to know is if I can set my play by play name to none. You could in years prior to '15. Now I have to be called Sabretooth or Slapshot.

Stupid!
Old 09-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
MVP

Can you edit current player names? I'd like to create a classic season and really cannot do it w/o this option.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Well, I got the game and was able to do some testing. I created three players, two skaters and a goalie, all with a draft year of 2015, drafted by Tampa Bay. For one skater, I left the contract information alone; for the other, an 8-year 2-way contract; for the goalie, an 8-year 2-way contract. I assigned both skaters to CHL clubs, and the goalie to a Finnish league team.

When I started a new GM mode, all three players were in my team's system. The first skater had a 1-year 2-way contract (even though he started out with a 1-way, so that was changed), and the second had an 8-year, 2-way contract. The goalie, however, was unsigned, so with him, I got what I wanted.

I plan to do more testing when I get home later today. I don't know what worked to get the goalie that way, though I first suspect that it's because I assigned him to a European team. My second thought is that it's because he's a goalie. However, I do plan to try some other things still just to play around.

Last edited by kestrel; 09-16-2015 at 11:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »