Home

Be a Pro impressions

This is a discussion on Be a Pro impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Be a Pro impressions

Hey guys,

I have EA Access, tried the game tonight (mostly BAP) and I'd like to share my view.

I was very hyped for this game, and it's important to know I'm a BAP fan. I have played this mode every year, watching every change, and doing a lot of simming in it, I'm fascinated by it.

This year, I can safely say this is the best year for Be a Pro, in a very long time. Simming without interruptions, player progression even if you do not play, faster simming, helpful on-ice trainer (Thought it was lame, discovered it's incredibly useful!), new coach instructions, and so so many more.

I simply love it, when I play I feel like every move has an impact on my player, and it is actually the case, I check what the coach recommends and it makes sense, finally Be a Pro is enjoyable.

It's clearly not perfect, lacks some immersion in the league, but god, if you are a Be a Pro enthusiast, you are gonna love it this year.

Really had to share my opinion, this is a huge improvement for me in the series, and I just can't wait for the game to release, because 10 hours just won't be enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #2
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Be a Pro impressions

I found it to be ok. Better than years past but still lacking.

The main issue I had is that the games take way too long, and there's a lot of down time. I go out on the ice and in 30 seconds I need to come off... I understand that's realistic but it doesn't really translate into a video game very well when you have to sit through brief loading screens dozens of times per game in between shifts. Is there any way to avoid this? Because this is really the only huge drawback for me.

Also, in my few games (All-Star difficulty), I noticed the shot totals were way too high. Both teams always had over 40 shots by the end of the game every time. Don't know if others are experiencing this though.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Glad you are excited for the mode Kougar! It's clear you're a big BAP fan, so it's good that you are enjoying the mode.

Phillies, I think there's an option in the BAP menu to turn the game to "Classic" where your player will always be on the ice, if that's what you want. On the plus side, sitting through those brief screens is better than last year, sitting through the whole game.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Little video of Be A Pro mode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaomWvJkYA8
Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113

Phillies, I think there's an option in the BAP menu to turn the game to "Classic" where your player will always be on the ice, if that's what you want. On the plus side, sitting through those brief screens is better than last year, sitting through the whole game.
Thanks! I'll have to check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the update!

It really seems like some of the issues with team mate AI really have been most noticeable in BaP mode in the past. For example, team mates not covering opponent players in the slot, allowing for wide open one-timers and rebound goals. And CPU team mates being completely unable to win the puck in board battles. Have you noticed any improvements in how your team mates play when you are on the ice in BaP?

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 09-10-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The AI of teammates has clearly been worked a lot, unlike past games where your teammates would only try cross-crease and dump-ins, I've seen some beautiful passing plays, will try to get a video soon.

Defensively, it's less impressive, the AI does still have some problems with board plays, but yeah it clearly doesn't spoil BaP's gameplay, and I'm very glad it does not.

Also love how your teammates actually work on the power play, the positionning, the passing makes the PPs much more effective and exciting this year.

Will try to get some videos to show what I'm talking about, glad to hear your opinions!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

My nitpick after 5 games in the WHL

1. It doesn't track how many goal you have in the season when you score like NHL 15.
2. AI can't play behind the net and keep fumbling the puck
3. I score 4 goals and 3 assist in a game. My final rating was B-.
4. Weekly training doesn't give a details explanation on how each training are going to impact your player rating

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »