Home

NHL 16 video : Be a pro goalie - CHL

This is a discussion on NHL 16 video : Be a pro goalie - CHL within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NHL 16 video : Be a pro goalie - CHL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-inhNPO9zCA

This is a full game of Be a pro goalie. Difficulty level is pro. default sliders. I am at the beginning on my be a pro career. My player has a 63 rating. This game feature Spokane vs Victoria.

There is no commentary. Its pure gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 16 video : Be a pro goalie - CHL

Thanks for the vid. Good to see gameplay vids from offline gameplay. Every streamer I watched just played HUT
Old 09-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
Thanks for the vid. Good to see gameplay vids from offline gameplay. Every streamer I watched just played HUT
I am glad you enjoy it. This will probably be my last goalie video as it's a exercise of frustration to play goalie in this game.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
I am glad you enjoy it. This will probably be my last goalie video as it's a exercise of frustration to play goalie in this game.
What bothered you about playing goalie? I think the AI looked way better than last year, both on offense and defense.

Looking at your video, I think I'll be trying it but just with lowered game speed.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
What bothered you about playing goalie? I think the AI looked way better than last year, both on offense and defense.

Looking at your video, I think I'll be trying it but just with lowered game speed.
In it's current state, movement and hugging the post is what bothers me the most. The default precision movement is just a tad too slow and without it it's too fast. Hugging the post just doesn't work. it's a waste of try to use it. The EA dev suggested that I played on hardcore instead of default to slow down the game pace. I will give it another try tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
In it's current state, movement and hugging the post is what bothers me the most. The default precision movement is just a tad too slow and without it it's too fast. Hugging the post just doesn't work. it's a waste of try to use it. The EA dev suggested that I played on hardcore instead of default to slow down the game pace. I will give it another try tonight.
I always ended up figuring out custom sliders for myself whenever I played offline goalie. My reaction time sucks while playing in the net, so I compensated some with higher goalie sliders for human and the lower game speed. Hope you can get good settings so you'll enjoy it.

If you want to upload more vids of your games, I'll be happy to watch. Not enough offline videos for NHL16
Old 09-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I always ended up figuring out custom sliders for myself whenever I played offline goalie. My reaction time sucks while playing in the net, so I compensated some with higher goalie sliders for human and the lower game speed. Hope you can get good settings so you'll enjoy it.

If you want to upload more vids of your games, I'll be happy to watch. Not enough offline videos for NHL16
Thanks for watching Perly. I might do other video while playing other position. I am not sure if people appreciate more with or without commentary.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

OVR: 0

Do the AIs attempt wrap-arounds?? In past games it was extremely rare so whenever the AI had the puck behind the net I'd sit butterfly in my creases because I wouldn't have to worry about a wrap. I'd only consider holding the post from a wide angle if that's the case again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »