Home

Be a GM improvements?

This is a discussion on Be a GM improvements? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
Banned

The Sword Itself's Arena

OVR: 0
Be a GM improvements?

All I can find is a player morale overhaul. Is that the only thing they added or is it just the prime new feature?

Also, would you recommend this for someone who only really watch playoff hockey, doesn't know a lot about the game itself, and only really cares about the GM mode?

Additionally, can you draft now? I didn't buy the game the last two years, but I heard the CPU drafted for you.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Be a GM improvements?

They patched in drafting last year.

BeAGM has AHL returned to it, the new moral, and a few other changes to bring it up to par with last gen.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Player edits are also back (apart from ratings) in GM mode. There are still some small features missing that were in old gen but if you're a casual fan then you most likely will not miss them.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Be a GM Guy here..

I've been playing since Thursday and Heres a few things I noticed.

The simming is super fast. I love it. You can actually get through a season without waiting hours.

The player morale comes up alot, and makes you stop and actually work on it. Most of it is repetitive questions from the players or concerns, but you have to answer correctly - which i still find its a hit or miss.

Relating to player morale, you can't just blow up a team. For instance, when I started a Be a GM with Toronto, and decided to get rid of lupul/bozak/phaneuf, JVR went down to 81, Kadri went to a 82, Reilly to 83, Gardiner to 79 (JVR and Gardiner requested trades). Which is neat because you have to time when you trade players, and bring in certain players that they mesh with.

Having the AHL is nice, as you can make your top prospects have high ice time and their morale goes up and then they improve as a player drastically. I don't think they have AHL stats but i could be missing it.

Drafting is the Same as 15. (next gen)

Signing good players improves the morale of the team

Trading is harder.

Can't seem to think of anything more right now but ill add if i do.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRHighlanders
Be a GM Guy here..

I've been playing since Thursday and Heres a few things I noticed.

The simming is super fast. I love it. You can actually get through a season without waiting hours.

The player morale comes up alot, and makes you stop and actually work on it. Most of it is repetitive questions from the players or concerns, but you have to answer correctly - which i still find its a hit or miss.

Relating to player morale, you can't just blow up a team. For instance, when I started a Be a GM with Toronto, and decided to get rid of lupul/bozak/phaneuf, JVR went down to 81, Kadri went to a 82, Reilly to 83, Gardiner to 79 (JVR and Gardiner requested trades). Which is neat because you have to time when you trade players, and bring in certain players that they mesh with.

Having the AHL is nice, as you can make your top prospects have high ice time and their morale goes up and then they improve as a player drastically. I don't think they have AHL stats but i could be missing it.

Drafting is the Same as 15. (next gen)

Signing good players improves the morale of the team

Trading is harder.

Can't seem to think of anything more right now but ill add if i do.
Does the AI do more trading that previous games. Is there a lot f moves at the trade deadline? I noticed that was something that was lacking in previous games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Does the AI do more trading that previous games. Is there a lot f moves at the trade deadline? I noticed that was something that was lacking in previous games.
I will look when I play tonight - can't say I was looking at that. I did notice that i was getting a bunch of offers right before the deadline (Couple weeks leading to it) I found the trades were more realistic too... Like RyJo in Columbus had a negative morale, but when i went to trade for him (and offered a package with more trade value and matched their block) they refused to trade him.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Also, I can't seem to post a thread - probably cause im new?

But has anyone drafted some good prospects?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

Well, I just got done spending a couple hours just simply checking out what is new to Gm mode from an in-game presentation standpoint.

It makes me insane they dont have season goals AND assist totals when guys score. Thats infuriating. Like someone else posted, they should already have taken it a step further and show where certain players are in relation to the entire league. For example, Stamkos (21) 3rd in NHL in goals, stuff like that. But, I would settle for a simple goal total when a goal happens. Damn it!

I did notice if you yo to box score after a guy scores it shows how many goals the p,ayer has on the year. So, that makes it a little better. But, even more anooying why they just cant have it on the screen when the player scores.

On a positive note, I only played like 3 or 4 games. And, in one game I played the Islanders and before the game they showed Ryan Pulock, and it said 1st NhL game and actually had a quote from him in morning skate. There was a big portion of the pre-game dedicated to this. This is the type of stuff NHL GM mode desperately needs. I thought it was awesome and based on all the little cool things I was seeing, I thought season goal totals would be a given this year, and they arent. Hard to understand.

Lastly, another HUGE improvement is every player is fully customizable including attributes and potential, so before you start a GM mode, you can change the necessary prospects and players to represent there actual "real" potential. Which to me is enormous. The interface has improved alot as well. Its less clunky and the player screens are very solid. A little disaapointed it looks similar, but alot cleaner.

Also, fantasy draft is very good. In past years, it seemed undoable. All the prospects and young good players would last all draft. But, now I seen guys like Dylan Strome and Max Domi going in the 4th round. So, I may actually try a run woth fantasy teams because the AI intelligence level seems far superior in roster building that any other year. And the interface while your drafting is very solid.

Some good positives, if they could simply add in game goal and assists total, this game has a shot to be the best NHL ever, but not likely to see a patch for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »