Home

** OFFICIAL** NBA Live 16 Demo Impressions Thread (XboxOne,Ps4)

This is a discussion on ** OFFICIAL** NBA Live 16 Demo Impressions Thread (XboxOne,Ps4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1
Exclamation ** OFFICIAL** NBA Live 16 Demo Impressions Thread (XboxOne,Ps4)

Thanks to the member NimaakaJojo who put out how to get it from New Zeland! Downloading the demo now. Post your impressions and reviews of the Demo! What are the pros/cons. I will list mines tonight.

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 02:24 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ** OFFICIAL** NBA Live 16 Demo Impressions Thread (XboxOne,Ps4)

Played okc vs cavs while downloading. I kinda liked NBA live last year but couldn't totally get into it. That being said here's what I thought.

Game looks very good. The lighting is exceptional and player likenesses are very good. I find it weird though that in game players look so good but the static pictures on overlays look not good at all. Got the zombie eyes. Another thing I noticed is in cut scenes sometimes players feet clipped thru the floor.

I love the halftime and post game show so much. I find it interesting that ea has gone so in depth with halftime while 2k got rid of halftime shows because no one cared about them. I dunno maybe I'm in the minority but I watch the whole thing.

Game play. Definetly improved. No question. Still some weird or questionable things happen but am noticing a lot less things that irritate me. I love the play call system I feel like it's a lot easier to understand and fairly intuitive.
I didn't have a whole lot of shooting fouls but hopefully sliders will fix that. Shooting percentages and Pip we're right where they should be.

Obviously I need more time with it but the good news is I had fun a lot of fun actually and Ive decided im going to invest some time this year. My brain is so dedicated to 2k that is hard to wrap my head around the controls but I think it will be worth the effort this year.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:38 AM   #3
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

I've noticed a lot hogs in Summer Circuit and Live Run. I understand that there are a lot of MyPark players trying out NBA Live but these guys can make their contested shots 1/5 times. That's enough for them to come down and jack up bad shots every time. Maybe a penalty for holding the ball for too long or a bigger penalty for bad shots is needed.

My teammate decided to cost us the game by calling for the ball every time a CPU player touched the ball and doing this. Notice the charge cheese attempt when I try to cross halfcourt. MyPark players are ruining this mode.

http://xboxclips.com/Lo6IX/1fc01438-...4-7bf626fc8e53

Last edited by LO6IX; 09-15-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Added video
Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 AM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Live Run is very fun, but it's just such a shame that the bball iq of randoms is so hilariously low.

You can tell who is a MyPark/Rec Center player.

Seriously, once someone has the ball you're not getting it back. Every "point guard" just looks to zig zag and isolate all game long.

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 09-15-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Pros-Graphics,Playbook scheme(surprisingly im used to it now),theres a midrange game(!!!!) I like the pnrs and the handoff button (Dope)..havent tried pro am yet but heard its fun

Cons-floaty passes,wacky animations/sliding, the cpu a.i. nba players still feel generic(they dont play like their real life counter parts)
Old 09-15-2015, 02:51 AM   #6
Rookie

where can i download the demo at the usa or german store ? I life in germany but i have an US account. But the Demo is not available in PS Store
Old 09-15-2015, 03:46 AM   #7
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

https://twitter.com/TheLobMob/status/643686191242588160

Wow. This mode is being ruined
Old 09-15-2015, 03:56 AM   #8
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
There's no way the gameplay engine should allow that type of abuse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »